Community Forum

How to search for an Exact Cross?

TofuChild
Visit My Farm

How to search for an Exact Cross?

Post by TofuChild »

When searching for stallions at stud, how do you look for an exact cross? I see the option to select it but don't know how to actually select breeds from the menu.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: How to search for an Exact Cross?

Post by Scythian »

TofuChild wrote:When searching for stallions at stud, how do you look for an exact cross? I see the option to select it but don't know how to actually select breeds from the menu.
Sorry that no one got back to you on this earlier. Also sorry to have to say that this is a bug that's been out there for more than a year. I doubt that it has ever worked, although people who joined much earlier than me would know otherwise. (Hey Alpha Testers?!) :(

If it worked properly, you'd be able to select two breeds from the list (like "Andalusian" and "Spanish Barb"); both would stay highlighted; and you'd see all the stallions of that cross, if any. (That example does have more than one stallion listed.) As things really are, you need to select the less popular of the two breeds and go through the list manually. Also, the one breed-related search function that DOES work -- checkbox for "Purebred Only" -- is the opposite of help.

There doesn't seem to have been much expressed desire/demand for this to work. :? No doubt when Admin gets that huge amount of time to work on HWO without quite so many other things in their lives ... it's something we'd all wish for but truth is, it's largely voluntary for Larissa and Tom and we should be grateful -- and spend some Real World Money on the game if we want it to improve. :geek:
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Scythian wrote:
TofuChild wrote:When searching for stallions at stud, how do you look for an exact cross? I see the option to select it but don't know how to actually select breeds from the menu.
Sorry that no one got back to you on this earlier. Also sorry to have to say that this is a bug that's been out there for more than a year. I doubt that it has ever worked, although people who joined much earlier than me would know otherwise. (Hey Alpha Testers?!) :(
So, the exact cross search function actually does work (or at least it does for me). You click the first of the two breeds, scroll down to the second, then hold down Ctrl while you click the second breed. Then click the check box for exact cross and it should pop up with horses that are those two breeds mixed together. (I tested it using Arabian x Deliboz simply because I knew horses of that specific cross were popular.)
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Raikit wrote:
Scythian wrote:
So, the exact cross search function actually does work (or at least it does for me). You click the first of the two breeds, scroll down to the second, then hold down Ctrl while you click the second breed. Then click the check box for exact cross and it should pop up with horses that are those two breeds mixed together. (I tested it using Arabian x Deliboz simply because I knew horses of that specific cross were popular.)
HA!!! That's the one thing -- *** Hold down the Control key while you select the 2nd Breed *** -- that I didn't know and the Stud page does not seem to mention.

Tried it just now and it works with my creaky old system and browser. That's going to save time.

Thanks!!! :D :D :D
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Scythian wrote: HA!!! That's the one thing -- *** Hold down the Control key while you select the 2nd Breed *** -- that I didn't know and the Stud page does not seem to mention.

Tried it just now and it works with my creaky old system and browser. That's going to save time.

Thanks!!! :D :D :D
Yeah, they should probably put instructions for that. XD It's the same as selecting two non-adjacent files to open, so I just used what I knew from that. :lol:
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Raikit wrote:
Scythian wrote:
You're a lifesaver! Thanks for that advice!!! :D
Become a Patron!