The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Forum Rules

Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Forum Rules

Post by Tom »

Hello everyone! This is the new official Forum Rules thread!

The purpose of this thread is to have a place to see the rules, and what to do when you feel someone is breaking the rules. We can also discuss things you feel as a community should be rules.

Rule #0: Don't Post Your Email Address
I shouldn't have to tell you this, but do not post your email address on the open forums. People who aren't logged into HWO can see the forum and bots troll the internet for email addresses. Just don't do it.
If you use your school email address and you post it I will disable your ability to post on the forums outright. I don't care how old you are, it's not a safe thing to do.
If you see an email address posted let the poster know and let me know so I can remove it.

Rule #1: Be Civil.
This is the most important rule. Most other problems can be solved if everyone would treat each other with respect and try to diffuse situations rather than resorting to name calling etc.

Rule #2: Acceptable Content.
Standard etiquette rules apply here, the way they would anywhere else children are present. I'm not going to list everything that is forbidden from the forums, but if you wouldn't post it for children to read or show it to your mother it doesn't belong here. No you can't get around this rule if your mother has a foul mouth. I am the final judge here and if I don't like something I'll change it and possibly remove your ability to post on the forums.

No swearing, explicit images, gambling, selling timeshares, etc.

I'd just like to say we've had pretty good track record of this so far so keep up the good work! :)

What to do if someone is breaking the rules.
You can get my attention by pinging me, using the quote feature of the forum. This sends a notification to me and I will address it as soon as I can.
You can send me a PM. People with upgraded accounts can send private messages. Feel free to message me for urgent matters or to ask a question. This will send an email to me and I will see it right away.
Use the Help Me button at the bottom of the page. This button gets a ton of traffic, most of it is spam, and so it's the slowest way to get help with a forum problem. It's still good though.

General Game play Rules.
As far as selling horses goes, if the game lets you do it then it's okay to do. If you put a horse for sale and someone buys it, they own it and can do whatever they want with it. That's what selling is, the horse doesn't belong to you anymore. However, a lot of players like to move horses around, and sell them to people so they can train them with the understanding that the horse will be trained and sold back. This isn't forbidden or endorsed and I can't really help you if things go poorly. I do ask that people training do their best to uphold any agreements made. If you make a habit of taking people's horses under false pretenses no one will like you and you will have a bad time.
Please use the private sale feature to move horses to keep them safe. If you have a horse that "belongs" to someone else and you try to sell it back at an unreasonably high price that is extortion and will be strongly frowned upon.

Accounts and Competitions.
If you have more than one account please do not use them to get around competition entry limits. If a competition allows one horse, then only enter one horse. Thank you.

Harassment.
Don't. Don't call people names or threaten people etc. Don't go around spreading rumors or gossip. This isn't a dating site so don't be doing that here either.

Things that are not harassment.
If someone has a horse that you put up for sale by accident or similar you may make a thread politely asking for the horse back. No drama, no threats, no name calling. Just a simple explanation and a request to buy back the horse. You may ping the user to get their attention. They do not have to sell the horse back. As far as the game is concerned the horse is sold and it belongs to them now. I will help where I can but I'm not going into the database and moving horses around. Some people who play are children who aren't allowed to post on the forums, some people don't speak English, or maybe they just don't understand and don't want to post. That's fine. Move on, breed another horse.

Listing "bad faith" trainers. If someone has a habit of claiming to be a trainer and not giving horses back it is okay to share this information. Again, no drama, no threats and no name calling. A simple explanation of your agreement and how they failed to live up to this agreement is all that is necessary. Just like leaving a review of a real life trainer on whatever horse-yelp is.

The End.
That's it! If you feel I've missed something please feel free to add your feedback in this thread.

Remember: It's always okay to contact me to ask for help, and don't be afraid of the rules. I'm a real human being and will work with everyone to resolve whatever problems we may be having. This is a great community with wonderful people willing to work together to maintain a friendly environment to play the game in. Keep up the good work. :)
Teagan wolfhearth
Visit My Farm

Re: Forum Rules

Post by Teagan wolfhearth »

Hello how can I get money super fast?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Teagan wolfhearth wrote:Hello how can I get money super fast?
This isn't where you post your questions
MD HORSE FARMS!
Visit My Farm

Post by MD HORSE FARMS! »

Um peacefuloreo was asking wired.things and I’m only 8!
spottedleaf10
Visit My Farm

Post by spottedleaf10 »

What kind of questions?
MD HORSE FARMS! wrote:Um peacefuloreo was asking wired.things and I’m only 8!
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

spottedleaf10 wrote:What kind of questions?
MD HORSE FARMS! wrote:Um peacefuloreo was asking wired.things and I’m only 8!
First, I highly doubt PeacefulOreo would do anything against the rules and second if you are 8 you are not allowed to post
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
spottedleaf10
Visit My Farm

Post by spottedleaf10 »

I didn't know it was against the rules if you're 8... and I don't know people very well yet so I felt rude doubting someone about that :oops:
mlloftus wrote:
spottedleaf10 wrote:What kind of questions?
First, I highly doubt PeacefulOreo would do anything against the rules and second if you are 8 you are not allowed to post
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

spottedleaf10 wrote:I didn't know it was against the rules if you're 8... and I don't know people very well yet so I felt rude doubting someone about that :oops:
mlloftus wrote: First, I highly doubt PeacefulOreo would do anything against the rules and second if you are 8 you are not allowed to post
No, your fine. But you have to be 13 to post and Oreo is a very trustworthy player
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

spottedleaf10 wrote: What kind of questions?

I didn't know it was against the rules if you're 8... and I don't know people very well yet so I felt rude doubting someone about that :oops:
This was in chat yesterday or the day before. MD HORSE FARMS! kept spamming the link of a forum post and Oreo suspected that MD HORSE FARMS! was really young and asked how old they were privately (which I admit, could be weird out of context).

The COPPA act is designed to protect the privacy of children under 13 years old which in HWO, means those under 13 are not allowed post in forums or enter the chatroom.
I can't go back to yesterday—because I was a different person then.
—Alice, Alice in Wonderland
spottedleaf10
Visit My Farm

Post by spottedleaf10 »

Ok
Fallon wrote:
spottedleaf10 wrote: What kind of questions?

This was in chat yesterday or the day before. MD HORSE FARMS! kept spamming the link of a forum post and Oreo suspected that MD HORSE FARMS! was really young and asked how old they were privately (which I admit, could be weird out of context).

The COPPA act is designed to protect the privacy of children under 13 years old which in HWO, means those under 13 are not allowed post in forums or enter the chatroom.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm