The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How to Earn Money- for Newbies

h a z e l
Visit My Farm

How to Earn Money- for Newbies

Post by h a z e l »

Hello and welcome to all our new players in the game! :)

My name is Hazel, and I've been playing this game for a little over a year now. One thing I've noticed happening frequently with newbies is that they aren't sure how to earn money in the game. I see a lot of the same question, "How do I earn more money?" in both chat and on the forums. So I've decided to try and put together a guide to earning money for new players :) If you have any questions about anything I have written here, please comment below or ping me in the General Chit Chat section of the forums! :)

Quick List
Will be continuously updated
Last updated 1-22-20

1. Use a grinder to earn money and PTs through local shows
2. Enter player-made competitions
3. Become a trainer
4. Purchase untrained horses, train them, and sell them for a profit
5. Breed horses that are popular in the game and sell them
6. Take advantage of high purse specialized competitions
7. Enter contests in the forums
8. Train and sell grinders
9. Mow your pastures regularly
10. Complete quests

First Steps

I realize that some of the things on the quick list will be impossible, or at least very hard, to do without already having a bit of money. So before you can try to do everything on my list to make money, you need to take your first steps so you can get the money earning ball rolling. First off, I want to let you know that one of the best ways to make money is to be a trainer, and/or to train and sell grinders. (Trainers are always in demand) So I highly, highly suggest that you use every dollar you earn toward taking trainer classes. Not only can you train for others and earn a profit, but you can also train your own horses and forfeit the training fee you'd have to pay to have someone else train your horses. All right, with that out of the way, let's go back to your first steps :).

Step #1.
Please rehome the Adoption Center horses you adopt and the foal you create for the quest. (Unless you really want to keep them yourself for personal reasons.) There are way too many of these kind of horses sitting on the market not ever getting purchased, because no one wants them.

Step #2.
Search the forums for older players that are doing things to help newbies out. For example, Malakai10 offers $1 trained horses to new players here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =malakai10. Also, a lot of trainers offer discounted prices to newbies, and there are sometimes contests for new players in the Contests section of the forum.
If you get a trained horse from Malakai (or another player), you can then use it as a grinder, which is the best way to earn money and PTs as a new player. To use your horse as a grinder, visit the local shows page and select a discipline and run the horse level 10 shows until you run out of time and have to take a turn. You will figure out which local shows your horse does best in fairly quickly- if the horse consistently gets 1st or 2nd place in a local show, then stick with that discipline. If they place 4th all the time or lower, then try another discipline! Once you know what your grinder is best at via local shows, then you can try entering some player made competitions. Go to the horse's info tabs, scroll down, and click the "Find Upcoming Competitions" button. Then you can search for the discipline that your horse did the best at in local shows. Start entering your horse in level 1 shows first to make sure that they will earn you money. Always enter shows that will give you a profit- don't enter shows with a $100 entrance fee and $50 in purse money. It would be ideal to find competitions that have a small entry fee and a larger purse to earn the most money.

Step #3.
Use the money you earn from your grinder to invest in other horses and more pastures. Keep mowing your pastures consistently because that earns you a bit of cash every time you mow. Try to buy more trained horses off the market and from other players. Post an ad in the Horses For Sale section of the forums and ask for trained horses. Let the community know that you're still fairly new and don't have a huge bankroll, and I know there will be many players who will love to help you out!

Step #4.
As long as you have a modest collection of trained horses doing local shows and player made competitions, you will start to have a decent amount in your bank account. Then you can start taking training courses and think about breeding projects that you want to do.

Random Notes

I think finding a niche in the market is one of the best ways to earn money. Keep an eye on the forums and competitions. Try to figure out what breeds are the most popular. Sometimes there will be random high purse competitions specialized to certain breeds. If you figure that out before everyone else and start breeding that specific breed, then players will figure out you have the horses they need and you can sell to them for quite a bit of money.

Grinders are always popular. At one point I had a grinder business where I trained and sold Arabian Endurance grinders (later switched to Racing grinders). I made a nice bit of money from that business before I closed it, and you could too! Players are always looking for grinders, because PTs are really important to buy premium and stuff.

Like I've said several times, please invest your money in training classes. Then you can train for other players (trainers will always be in demand) and also train your own horses and grinders. It's really a win win situation to be able to train.

One of my quick list options was to buy untrained horses off the market, train them, and sell them for a profit. This is a good way to make money, but keep in mind you cannot just buy any horse off the market and expect it to sell well. Horses with red breeders comments, or horses with low HGPs and few green or gold breeders comments are usually not worth much or in much demand. Keep an eye on the market for horse breeds that are popular or any horse that has a high HGP and lots of greens and golds to train up and then re-sell.
chloemccoy13
Visit My Farm

Re: How to Earn Money- for Newbies

Post by chloemccoy13 »

How do you earn Pony Tokens for free?
chloemccoy13
Visit My Farm

Post by chloemccoy13 »

How do you see the results of the competition you entered after it is over?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

chloemccoy13 wrote:How do you see the results of the competition you entered after it is over?
Pony Tokens are earned in local shows. Visit a horse you own. The tabs there will read:
Info
Local Shows
Pedigree
Progeny
Gallery
Eval
Conformation

That's just below the owner's notes section. You want the one that says 'Local Shows'. Click on that. It is here that most of our PT (Pony Tokens) are earned.

You can also earn PT from leveling up and completely quests. These are all free ways to earn PT.

Now for the competition results. Player-made competition results for your horse will appear shortly after they run, directly on your horse's profile, below the Breeder's Report (or BR). By clicking on the competition type (click the word racing for the racing discipline) and your horse's results will appear before you. Click on a specific competition and that competitions results will appear before you.
For local shows, just wait until the bar fills up indicating that the competition runs, and the results will appear in the box. Local Shows don't save in the competition records section. You'll need to make note of them if you want to save them for some reason.

Other questions? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
chloemccoy13
Visit My Farm

Post by chloemccoy13 »

Great!
chloemccoy13
Visit My Farm

Post by chloemccoy13 »

What happens when you rehome your horse?
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

The horse is deleted from the database and is gone forever.
chloemccoy13
Visit My Farm

Post by chloemccoy13 »

How do you buy other animals besides horses? Because I have noticed that some of the other players have goats.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

chloemccoy13 wrote:How do you buy other animals besides horses? Because I have noticed that some of the other players have goats.
That was a limited time special that you could buy from the Farm Building. However the goats are no longer something you can buy until the admins add them again
chloemccoy13
Visit My Farm

Post by chloemccoy13 »

What are some ways that I can get skilled enough to own another horse? Because I wanted to complete the Quest where I have to create another horse using an Arabian and a North African Barb. I already had an Arabian Stallion, so I bought a North African Barb Mare. Counting my new mare, I now have 4 horses. I tried to breed my new mare, but then it said that I was not skilled enough to own another horse.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am