The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Quick Start Guide For Newbies

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Quick Start Guide For Newbies

Post by BlackOak2 »

MiaButton wrote:I am having trouble growing grass and feeding my horses despite being below capacity and they are all on supplemental feed sources in addition to pasture. Is there a way to increase feed intake?
Use the weight gain feed.
Watch the season you're in (it's found where your current turn allotment is found). During autumn and winter, pastures will grow back REALLY slowly and if you have really any horses in there at all, you likely won't see any growth and perhaps even loss.

To help replenish your pasture, moving those that can eat 100% weight gain into a bar will alleviate the heavy pasture use. I've found that broodmares in a 12 count pasture don't over-strain the pasture (so 6 horses).

Of course the sheer size of your horses makes an impact as well. Those somewhere above 14hh will easily strip a pasture, while those under 14hh will do so at a slower pace.

The good thing is that no horse can die from being too thin or too fat. So being in a pasture that's stripped of all it's grass won't harm your horses.
Don't forget to check it out!
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
sophix
Visit My Farm

Post by sophix »

really confused on how to message other players??
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

sophix wrote:really confused on how to message other players??
There are two basic ways to contact other players. These are PM and 'pinging' or forum contact.
PM is Private Message. This option is only available once upgraded. It has been discussed numerous times with our admin and with the community at large and the general consensus is that it will remain an upgraded only feature.
'Pinging' or forum contact directly to another player is done using the code:

Code: Select all

[quote][/quote]
And is utilized like this:

Code: Select all

[quote="player name"]put something here[/quote]
Please note the equals sign, the quotations and the need to apply something within the quotes.

If you need some additional help with this code, this topic may be of some assistance:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 12&t=18675
If you still need aid, please let us know. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MaKayla.Brown
Visit My Farm

Post by MaKayla.Brown »

I am having Trouble earning money to keep my horses well fed is there any way besides local shows?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MaKayla.Brown wrote:I am having Trouble earning money to keep my horses well fed is there any way besides local shows?
If you're really early in your levels (the first 10 or so), you may find it more lucrative and a lot easier to set aside a pasture to be mowed down on a regular basis. It won't earn you a huge amount of money, but it will be consistent income where your local shows may not be so consistent.

You could also try low level player-made shows, if you have a horse that might be able to do that. If you go this route though, be very picky about what shows you enter and what horses that your horse will be up against.

Also, you can work toward the next level to get an influx of money. Anything that will earn you experience will move you in that direction. Simply training a horse will earn you experiences. So will breeding, starting and completing skills and quests. Turning days also earns experience. There may be others that aren't coming to mind as well.
If you find yourself constantly low on funds, find a grinder to give you a hand, save your money instead of purchasing that pasture or barn, or choose a less expensive or even suspend your skills learning temporarily until you're on more solid ground. The grinder is what most of us use to earn the bread and butter of our farms.
So if you're in desperate need of a grinder and find yourself unable to purchase one, take a look around, post a note in the forums, there are many of us that are willing to offer assistance in this area.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MaKayla.Brown
Visit My Farm

Post by MaKayla.Brown »

Can your horse have Twins?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MaKayla.Brown wrote:Can your horse have Twins?
Again, create a new topic in the questions forum. You're in the help guides forum and also in my newbie topic. I don't mind too much, but please review the rules of the forum, 'questions for HWO, should be asked in the questions forum'. :D

Check out this link, it fully answers your pregnancy questions:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=7507
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MaKayla.Brown
Visit My Farm

Post by MaKayla.Brown »

Okay stop being rude!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MaKayla.Brown wrote:Okay stop being rude!
Rude???

rude
ADJECTIVE
1) offensively impolite or ill-mannered.
2) having a startling abruptness.
3) BRITISH - vigorous or hearty.
4) roughly made or done; lacking subtlety or sophistication.

In what way? Maybe in the startling abruptness definition? But was there anything startling or abrupt in my answer? I even said I didn't mind much, plus I gave a smiley.

I am merely attempting to aid you in posting in the correct forum. A simple reminder of how to utilize HWO forums. A simple: Please remember this, for next time, reminder.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MaKayla.Brown
Visit My Farm

Post by MaKayla.Brown »

I am sorry. I did not mean what I said I had a rough day and blamed it on you. Please Forgive me. :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:41 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:41 am