The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What does it mean if a horse is pseudo white?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

What does it mean if a horse is pseudo white?

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

I’ve seen that this is the only way (other than Tobiano) for a horse to be white in game. I’ve tried searching it but nothing comes up that’s useful. All I’ve been able to gather is that is has something to do with dilutions? Can someone explain?
vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: What does it mean if a horse is pseudo white?

Post by vallers »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:I’ve seen that this is the only way (other than Tobiano) for a horse to be white in game. I’ve tried searching it but nothing comes up that’s useful. All I’ve been able to gather is that is has something to do with dilutions? Can someone explain?

I dont know the color name but do to the fact that larissa and tom have not put true white horses in the game the psuedo whites are the closest you can get without a full paint white marking horse.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:I’ve seen that this is the only way (other than Tobiano) for a horse to be white in game. I’ve tried searching it but nothing comes up that’s useful. All I’ve been able to gather is that is has something to do with dilutions? Can someone explain?
As vallers said.
Any pseudo-white horse will be a combination of dilutions (with the exception of total-paint). It will be champagne with double cream, champagne with double pearl, champagne with cream and pearl. Those are the ones that are most likely for the pseudo-whites to be.

Plus, there is also a rare chance to produce pseudo-whites from introducing strong pangare or also dun into certain color combinations on top of a cream gene, or double pearls with the absence of champagne. I would suspect you could get a close-to pseudo-white with champagne and dun and pangare with the absence of cream and pearl, but I haven't seen it yet.

I have seen one before, of this second type of diluted pseudo-whites, but apparently I didn't save the link anywhere, so I can't offer it as an example.

This is a pseudo-white (or one that could be defined as such), in a darker shading, a double cream paired with champagne on what I've decided is a bay base. With the possibilities of the base coat color having a lot of variations, it's fairly easy to breed this exact color to have a much lighter expression, thus producing a pseudo-white that look... white...

But I offered her so you can see the dilutions that can create the pseudo-white horses.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

BlackOak2 wrote:
As vallers said.
Any pseudo-white horse will be a combination of dilutions (with the exception of total-paint). It will be champagne with double cream, champagne with double pearl, champagne with cream and pearl. Those are the ones that are most likely for the pseudo-whites to be.

Plus, there is also a rare chance to produce pseudo-whites from introducing strong pangare or also dun into certain color combinations on top of a cream gene, or double pearls with the absence of champagne. I would suspect you could get a close-to pseudo-white with champagne and dun and pangare with the absence of cream and pearl, but I haven't seen it yet.

I have seen one before, of this second type of diluted pseudo-whites, but apparently I didn't save the link anywhere, so I can't offer it as an example.

This is a pseudo-white (or one that could be defined as such), in a darker shading, a double cream paired with champagne on what I've decided is a bay base. With the possibilities of the base coat color having a lot of variations, it's fairly easy to breed this exact color to have a much lighter expression, thus producing a pseudo-white that look... white...

But I offered her so you can see the dilutions that can create the pseudo-white horses.
Thank you! That makes much more sense.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
As vallers said.

Thank you! That makes much more sense.
Also the base coat tends to matter if the white should be as bright as possible. Black seems to offer the clearest white if it is coupled with silver, a chestnut base seems to offer lightest 'white' with just the champagne + cream/pearl combinations.

a few examples for base colors with champagne, cream and/or pearl:

brown + ch, 2x prl

black + ch, cr+prl
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:....
Also the base coat tends to matter if the white should be as bright as possible. Black seems to offer the clearest white if it is coupled with silver, a chestnut base seems to offer lightest 'white' with just the champagne + cream/pearl combinations.

a few examples for base colors with champagne, cream and/or pearl:

brown + ch, 2x prl

black + ch, cr+prl

The pseudo-whites definitely have a fairly large pool of possible gene-combinations to pull from.

:D Perhaps somebody should consider making a study of the different gene combinations...

I'm sure one of us will get around to it one day. :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Emiliares
Visit My Farm

Post by Emiliares »

Hello,
Are these horses pseudo white?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Emiliares wrote:Hello,
Are these horses pseudo white?
Yes.
Pseudo-colors are called pseudo because they're not really what they appear to be.
Pseudo-whites are horses that appear white.
Pseudo-blacks are horses that appear black.
There's also pseudo-browns and pseudo-chestnuts, although we don't generally indicate them as these colors, sooty palominos and sooty buckskins are often referred to as pseudo-blacks instead.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:11 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:11 am