The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Thoroughbred Filly

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Thatgirlwhorides
Visit My Farm

Thoroughbred Filly

Post by Thatgirlwhorides »

Help! What color could she be? I was tentatively guessing maybe flaxen/silver gold champagne, if there is such a thing? Not too sure, I haven't seen this in my tb's before. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

Shimmering
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Thoroughbred Filly

Post by Silverine »

Thatgirlwhorides wrote:Help! What color could she be? I was tentatively guessing maybe flaxen/silver gold champagne, if there is such a thing? Not too sure, I haven't seen this in my tb's before. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

Shimmering
She is flaxen gold champagne with light pangare on her legs. Just for the record - silver will not show up on a chestnut-based horse as it only affects black pigment. So only bay-, brown-, or black-based horses can show silver. Similarly, flaxen will only show up on red-based horses because it only affects red pigment.
Thatgirlwhorides
Visit My Farm

Re: Thoroughbred Filly

Post by Thatgirlwhorides »

Silverine wrote:
Thatgirlwhorides wrote:Help! What color could she be? I was tentatively guessing maybe flaxen/silver gold champagne, if there is such a thing? Not too sure, I haven't seen this in my tb's before. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

Shimmering
She is flaxen gold champagne with light pangare on her legs. Just for the record - silver will not show up on a chestnut-based horse as it only affects black pigment. So only bay-, brown-, or black-based horses can show silver. Similarly, flaxen will only show up on red-based horses because it only affects red pigment.
Thank you so much! And thanks for the genetics refresher, I completely forgot about the black-based fact! That clears up a lot :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 am