The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Grey Cremello?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Grey Cremello?

Post by Nate »

Last edited by Nate on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Grey Cremello?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nate wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1080793

{horse=1080793]Unnamed Filly[/horse]
Comes from two red base parents, it only leaves so many choices as an outcome. I would agree with you, graying cremello.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

Great! I have bred chestnut roans for so long I have a hard time telling with the other colors. I was really asking after the greying status, thanks for answering it for me. :)
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nate wrote:Great! I have bred chestnut roans for so long I have a hard time telling with the other colors. I was really asking after the greying status, thanks for answering it for me. :)
I use some hints about gray I picked up from Silverine. If the adult coat appears on the foal and not a foal coat, than your horse has the gray gene. Being a cremello anyway, it's still difficult to tell, but I see no indication of foal pangare, which can still be seen on most foal coats including cremello. There doesn't appear to be any color shifting anywhere from nose to tail to hooves.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:17 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:17 am