The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What color are my horses?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
StormChaser
Visit My Farm

What color are my horses?

Post by StormChaser »

texí
Visit My Farm

Re: What color are my horses?

Post by texí »

1) brown
2) perlino
3) looks weird red, maybe red dun?

4) definitely bay dun
meganamber
Visit My Farm

Post by meganamber »

Freak Nation appears to be Smoky Brown and may also have dun in there that will show up clearer as she ages, if she has it.
Toxic Cream is perlino.
Glass Rhythm is either a red dun or bay dun, her color kinda stumps me because she doesn't have black points that indicate bay yet she doesn't look chestnut either. Perhaps a red dun. BB needs to answer this one :D
Hidden Deception is a bay dun. He may also have mealy in there, but not 100% sure on that one. You were close! :D
Hope this helps!
Currently working on Freibergs, Mustangs, and Paint Belgians
Home of Titan, one of HW's top racing Thoroughbreds
Breeder of the first Freiberg
Farm Log
StormChaser
Visit My Farm

Post by StormChaser »

Thank you! :D
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

meganamber wrote:

Freak Nation appears to be Smoky Brown and may also have dun in there that will show up clearer as she ages, if she has it.
Toxic Cream is perlino.
Glass Rhythm is either a red dun or bay dun, her color kinda stumps me because she doesn't have black points that indicate bay yet she doesn't look chestnut either. Perhaps a red dun. BB needs to answer this one :D
Hidden Deception is a bay dun. He may also have mealy in there, but not 100% sure on that one. You were close! :D
Hope this helps!
I think Glass Rhythm could be red dun with flaxen - would explain the lightened feathers/legs and mane.
Hidden deception looks more like a buckskin with heavy dun - in this case his sire should be as well, so thats where he gets the cream from (and the sire has mealy as well)
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Glass Rhythm is red dun with both sooty and flaxen. The flaxen is making her lower legs appear lighter, while the sooty is darkening her from the topline down, giving her her odd shading. (It's also why her mane is darker than her tail.)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 pm