The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HWO Horse Color Guide

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Virgo
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Horse Color Guide

Post by Virgo »

owlclover wrote:I have to ask: why don't the horse's colors come as declared with the rest of the horse's description? Why do we have to guess, and wait? Does this really enhance the game experience?

I am a newbie, but I can put in my two cents that this seems like an unnecessary complication.

I look forward to hearing why this feature is in place as it is.
I agree with Seina, it is a realistic feature. Another very realistic part of it is the fact that people may misidentify the color of their horse and unexpected foal colors pop up. For example, I misidentified a smokey black mare of mine as black. Started having a bunch of cream babies and then it finally occurred to me that maybe the mare was a cream carrier. If you are not big on colors, don't worry too much about the identification. People looking to breed/buy your horses will figure out the actual color if they are a color person anyway. If I am unsure, I just mark them as bay/black/chestnut/champagne/buckskin/palomino/etc.
For your consideration

Knightshade
Metallic Smokey Black Belgian Stallion
#1 Log Pull and Marathon Driving Horse of All Time | RH Level 10: 54.31 ft | $5,000 LC
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

Post by Randi Potos »

I think having to determine the horses color for yourself is part of the fun. It doesn't seem like an unnecessary complication to me at all.
Billirubin
Visit My Farm

Post by Billirubin »

that color chart and the huge variety of realistic and genetically caused colors is what hooked me up :)
crwnedqueen
Visit My Farm

Post by crwnedqueen »

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the silver gene gradually grey out the coat or does it already look sort of greyed out at birth? Because I have two horses that looked positively buckskin and bay younger but as they aged (5 and 11 years old respectively) their mane and tail and body colour faded so I'm confused as to what kind of colouring they are. They both have appaloosa patterns if that affected anything.
HAPerformance
Visit My Farm

Post by HAPerformance »

This is very helpful! Except, I cannot find my horse's coat color in this... If you wanna check her out, she's in my Main Pasture. Her name is HA Alli's Ring. Thanks!!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

HAPerformance wrote:This is very helpful! Except, I cannot find my horse's coat color in this... If you wanna check her out, she's in my Main Pasture. Her name is HA Alli's Ring. Thanks!!
She looks like a Bay + Pearl to me.
ilovecats1102
Visit My Farm

Post by ilovecats1102 »

My Colt is kinda like a chestnut pearl champagne colour, i need help figuring it out my horses name is THR Salomon
evieb
Visit My Farm

Post by evieb »

i now understand thanks
MarvinGeddy
Visit My Farm

HWO Horse Color Guide

Post by MarvinGeddy »

It seems there may be ISA brown and leghorn in the mix.

Does this style of colouring have a name/ term to describe it?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MarvinGeddy wrote:It seems there may be ISA brown and leghorn in the mix.

Does this style of colouring have a name/ term to describe it?
As far as I know, ISA brown and leghorn are terms/words that describe chickens, not horses.
Could you describe further what you're asking about?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 pm