The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

He seems unsure of himself...

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: He seems unsure of himself...

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
So in an interesting twist, this guy has been throwing foals with cream from mares that don't have cream. Here's one of them - a cream/pearl colt out of a double-pearl mare. So I officially have no idea what's going on with this guy. I wonder if he's secretly a perlino. He hasn't thrown any silver so far, and as far as I can remember every baby I've had from him has had cream.

EDIT: He updated his picture again! If this is his true color, then he's a buckskin pearl. If not, I still have no clue. :lol:

He also gave me this filly who I must admit I am completely lost on.
The Horse of a Different Color, certainly looks like a Buckskin Pearl now...He also tested positive to to one pearl as the foal from that double pearl mare looks to be double pearl himself.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Silverine wrote:....
I could see pearl.
But what happened to his champagne! :o
And his tobiano completely disappeared as well.

What I also find a bit unusual as well is that his pics at 8 years and at 9 years are actually lightening. Is there a gene I'm forgetting that does that, a reverse sooty? I don't recall...
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Baranduin Brewster wrote: ....
I could see pearl.

What I also find a bit unusual as well is that his pics at 8 years and at 9 years are actually lightening. Is there a gene I'm forgetting that does that, a reverse sooty? I don't recall...
Champagne lightens as the horse ages
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
I could see pearl.

Ah! Right. :D
For some reason, I thought I was forgetting something.
Thank You!
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Thank You!
Nps, now I'm wondering do I need to age up my glitched Turk
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Thank You!
That's a good question. Perhaps the better one is, do you want to see the glitch disappear? :D
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
That's a good question. Perhaps the better one is, do you want to see the glitch disappear? :D
It is such a pretty glitch, so not really...I'll leave him until I have no choice...
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
It is such a pretty glitch, so not really...I'll leave him until I have no choice...
I'd leave him and hope you find another, not quite-so-pretty one to age up and see what happens. I've been casually browsing the AC hoping to find another.

BlackOak - The tobiano disappearing got me, too. It explains why he threw some non-To babies with my To mares. I didn't think it was too weird when I had only one non-To baby from but I got about three of them out of five foals, which seemed a little off-ratio when there should have been a >=75% chance for the babies to have To when crossed with To mares. But it does give weight to Nazarach's thought that To could be the cause of the glitch.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote: BlackOak - The tobiano disappearing got me, too. It explains why he threw some non-To babies with my To mares. I didn't think it was too weird when I had only one non-To baby from but I got about three of them out of five foals, which seemed a little off-ratio when there should have been a >=75% chance for the babies to have To when crossed with To mares. But it does give weight to Nazarach's thought that To could be the cause of the glitch.
So are we figuring that he has To and not the switch? Or that he has the switch but not To? If it is indeed To that is contributing to the glitch, it could be just one factor. Such as, the switch that's starting to set everything awry.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Silverine wrote: BlackOak - The tobiano disappearing got me, too. It explains why he threw some non-To babies with my To mares. I didn't think it was too weird when I had only one non-To baby from but I got about three of them out of five foals, which seemed a little off-ratio when there should have been a >=75% chance for the babies to have To when crossed with To mares. But it does give weight to Nazarach's thought that To could be the cause of the glitch.
So are we figuring that he has To and not the switch? Or that he has the switch but not To? If it is indeed To that is contributing to the glitch, it could be just one factor. Such as, the switch that's starting to set everything awry.
I have no clue. He may have neither. His foals that have had To have all had very similar (or in some cases matching) coverage to what the dams had - such as this colt and his mother, or this filly that has appreciably less than her mother.

It's also possible that he does have them and that the genes are in the wrong spot, like the push error that I wrote about in the reverse bay thread. Unfortunately there's no real way to know without knowing the back end.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 pm