The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

He seems unsure of himself...

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

He seems unsure of himself...

Post by Silverine »

Edit: Here's his glitched image:

Just picked up this boy from the AC:

He seems unsure as to his color. :lol: I'd think amber champagne if it weren't for that mane. So what do you think, glitched amber champagne, or gold champagne with sooty?
Last edited by Silverine on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: He seems unsure of himself...

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Silverine wrote:Just picked up this boy from the AC:

He seems unsure as to his color. :lol: I'd think amber champagne if it weren't for that mane. So what do you think, glitched amber champagne, or gold champagne with sooty?
I would say Glitched amber champagne
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I agree, glitched, but quite a nice outcome.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
He appears to have fixed himself. Looks like he settled on a silver amber champagne. :D

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
He came out very nice. I'm particularly fond of his silvery-gray legs.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: He came out very nice. I'm particularly fond of his silvery-gray legs.
He did. He turned out a much darker silver than most, hence why I didn't think it a real possibility at first. But I quite like it. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
He did. He turned out a much darker silver than most, hence why I didn't think it a real possibility at first. But I quite like it. :)
It is quite a nice combination. It'd be great if he passed that trait on, but with the stockings, we may not get much of a chance to see them in his offspring.
I find it uniquely odd that on others, the gray/silvery legs don't seem to stand out quite so much, but on him, they're almost... I don't know how to end that. 'Brilliantly obvious' is not a want I mean, but it's a direct reflection of it I suppose.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: It is quite a nice combination. It'd be great if he passed that trait on, but with the stockings, we may not get much of a chance to see them in his offspring.
I find it uniquely odd that on others, the gray/silvery legs don't seem to stand out quite so much, but on him, they're almost... I don't know how to end that. 'Brilliantly obvious' is not a want I mean, but it's a direct reflection of it I suppose.
They definitely stand out, probably because the mane and tail aren't light enough to immediately scream "SILVER!" so you're more like "but where did these dark legs come from? Surely he's not BAY based!" :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
They definitely stand out, probably because the mane and tail aren't light enough to immediately scream "SILVER!" so you're more like "but where did these dark legs come from? Surely he's not BAY based!" :lol:
These have to be my favorite types of horses on here. And the best part is they keep popping up! 8-)
Well, actually, maybe the better part is that they're not cookie-cutter horses.

Is it a bad thing that I want to combine all of these unique characteristics onto one horse?
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
So in an interesting twist, this guy has been throwing foals with cream from mares that don't have cream. Here's one of them - a cream/pearl colt out of a double-pearl mare. So I officially have no idea what's going on with this guy. I wonder if he's secretly a perlino. He hasn't thrown any silver so far, and as far as I can remember every baby I've had from him has had cream.

EDIT: He updated his picture again! If this is his true color, then he's a buckskin pearl. If not, I still have no clue. :lol:

He also gave me this filly who I must admit I am completely lost on.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm