The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Is this odd?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this odd?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
:o For a split second I thought he was a chestnut.

My guess is bay.
It's a nice looking foal, but I doubt he'll be that nice looking, rather he'll be plain-looking when he blows his foal coat. I've had a lot of really unique looking foals that blow into rather or almost ugly looking adults. It's such a let-down. Of course the opposite is true as well.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
I'm just interested to see how his mane and tail end up. I haven't had any babies that really had a drastic change in the mane/tail when it wasn't affected by lp or sooty, so we'll see what happens.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:...
Here he is at a year. (His hair grew out at exactly one year, coincidentally.) A lovely brown. :D His mane doesn't appear to have anything unusual going on, though I wish I could have gotten a close-up of it before it flopped over. His tail, however, has an interesting light spot at the head (it's easier to spot in the gallery). I feel like I've seen this on other horses that I wasn't aiming for white mane stuff with, but it sticks out with him because I'm paying attention. :lol:

Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:...
His tail, however, has an interesting light spot at the head (it's easier to spot in the gallery). I feel like I've seen this on other horses that I wasn't aiming for white mane stuff with, but it sticks out with him because I'm paying attention. :lol:
I've seen this white tail head on browns before. Like this one:

or this:

or even this very dark brown:

(actually now that I looked, all my brown boys seam to have it, including the smokey browns)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
I found another stud while cruising.
He is a blatant plume:

And you're right, they're all very early id numbers.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: And you're right, they're all very early id numbers.
I submitted a question for the next Q&A asking if it's still possible to achieve the expression. So I guess we'll see. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: And you're right, they're all very early id numbers.
I submitted a question for the next Q&A asking if it's still possible to achieve the expression. So I guess we'll see. :)
Sounds Great!
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

This last one shows it's definitely hereditary, as his dam also has it, two of his sons have it, and two more have very light -black- tails.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:47 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:47 pm