The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Pearl or cream out of black horses?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Pearl or cream out of black horses?

Post by Ziel »

Two of my friesians just produced this foal, and I am STUMPED as to what their color is!

Their parents are:
Sire

Dam

I am PRETTY sure that the Sire is a Smoky Black Dun, but since they produced... whatever this foal is, I'm wondering what the mare is carrying? Either way, I appreciate any input available as to what this little one is! :lol:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Pearl or cream out of black horses?

Post by Silverine »

Ziel wrote:Two of my friesians just produced this foal, and I am STUMPED as to what their color is!

Their parents are:
Sire

Dam

I am PRETTY sure that the Sire is a Smoky Black Dun, but since they produced... whatever this foal is, I'm wondering what the mare is carrying? Either way, I appreciate any input available as to what this little one is! :lol:
The foal is a smoky brown dun - brown + 1 x cream + dun. The sire is plain grullo - his foal picture is too reddish for him to be carrying cream. The dam, on the other hand, is a smoky brown - she's the one that carries cream. She gets the cream from her sire who is, in fact, a smoky black. Check out her sire's baby picture versus your foal's sire's baby picture and you'll see the difference in shade indicative of cream on a black-based horse.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 am