The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mealy/Pangaré?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Mealy/Pangaré?

Post by AltNazarach »

So, I have a problem with figuring out a few of my horses/foals that may carry mealy - which I'd like to know for sure, so I'd appreciate a second opinion of someone - you'd help me a lot ^^'
It's mainly Buckskins, as they are just so light that I'm unsure about the seemingly lightened areas; and Bays with a weird slightly off-shade area where brown goes to black which may be a result from a very, very light form of mealy?

He Cang

Qi Ciluo

Wei Yào

Xi Ban Yá

He Chin

Shibai Long
Aela
Visit My Farm

Re: Mealy/Pangaré?

Post by Aela »

AltNazarach wrote:.
I see no mealy at all :)

I think the dun creates an illusion of lighter areas. None of them have diluted muzzles where they're unaffected by dun
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:...
These genes can be quite problematic, can't they? :D

I have to agree with Aela, with the possible exception of Shibai Long. I think I see some unusual discoloration along the black line of the nose. But that could also be the dun. I don't see any discoloration around the eye, so I am leaning toward no pangare on that one as well.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Aela wrote:.
BlackOak2 wrote:.
Ok, thx for your help ^^ I wanted to be sure - especially since mealy does tend to stick when you don't want it to -.-'
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 am