The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mare and Foal

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Sparky04
Visit My Farm

Mare and Foal

Post by Sparky04 »

What color is this mare and what color is her foal? Thank you
Mare

Foal
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Mare and Foal

Post by BlackOak2 »

Sparky04 wrote:What color is this mare and what color is her foal? Thank you
The filly is still quite young. It's difficult at best to describe all the colors and genes when the foal hasn't yet blown the foal coat.
That said, she definitely has silver and is already beginning to develop snowflakes (that's the Leopard Complex gene). So she'll varnish like both of her parents as she ages.
She looks to be a bay, not a brown and doesn't appear to have any dun. That's the closest I can get with her age.

Her mother is another story. With Lp (leopard complex), it's best to have as close to one year as possible, because varnish easily hides other genes. One year is the best time for the true coat color to express and even then, Lp can still hide certain genes, depending on how strong the varnish and blanket is.
Still, she's easy to define. She is a silver amber champagne. She may have pangare, but I don't see any real signs of it.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Eska
Visit My Farm

Post by Eska »

She looks to be a bay, not a brown and doesn't appear to have any dun.
The filly is definitely a dun. If you look at her gallery, you'll find a picture of her as a newborn. She's way too light to be a normal bay. Silver bay dun with leopard and paint genes I'd say.

The dam looks like a silver amber champagne with snowflakes to me.
Sparky04
Visit My Farm

Post by Sparky04 »

The filly's image been updated now thats she's 1 year old. I bought the mom as an adult so I'm not sure what she used to look like outside of images they saved.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm