The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Gene responsible for "rust" ?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Gene responsible for "rust" ?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
It will be interesting to see the end outcome. :mrgreen:
I hope it turns out well. This is completely new for me to do and my head is saying, 'Thou shalt not look up how to create a good study.' So, I'm winging it; usually turns out alright.
:lol:
Make it up the way it makes sense for you.
But don't over do it. On my studies, I cut out all of the dilutions, so there are no cream, pearl or champagne examples. And I pulled out the pangare, dun and graying gene separately to tackle them. Even then, there are multiple examples of browns, bays, blacks and chestnuts showing the wide span of the color scheme for each of those base colors. If you keep that in mind, you'll still be likely using a good 50 different images at least, plus you'll have older pictures, not just the two, newborn and yearling that I used.

Even the one that Nazarach just posted had quite a few and that one was just one of each color.

What I'm trying to say is that it will get Big and that will happen quick. :mrgreen: But that's from my own personal experience.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: I hope it turns out well. This is completely new for me to do and my head is saying, 'Thou shalt not look up how to create a good study.' So, I'm winging it; usually turns out alright.
But don't over do it. On my studies, I cut out all of the dilutions, so there are no cream, pearl or champagne examples. And I pulled out the pangare, dun and graying gene separately to tackle them. Even then, there are multiple examples of browns, bays, blacks and chestnuts showing the wide span of the color scheme for each of those base colors. If you keep that in mind, you'll still be likely using a good 50 different images at least, plus you'll have older pictures, not just the two, newborn and yearling that I used.

Even the one that Nazarach just posted had quite a few and that one was just one of each color.

What I'm trying to say is that it will get Big and that will happen quick. :mrgreen: But that's from my own personal experience.
Thanks for the advice - I do want it to cover all dilutions, however. We'll see how long my attention span lasts (it has been challenged. It will not loose :twisted: :lol: )
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Thanks for the advice - I do want it to cover all dilutions, however. We'll see how long my attention span lasts (it has been challenged. It will not loose :twisted: :lol: )

I will be waiting with anticipation.
I like when these studies get published, they're really good reads, or good looks.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 pm