The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Confusing Filly

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Confusing Filly

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: I do like the creams, but they're a PAIN when it comes to breeding for certain colors. I injected my low GP project with pearls, but was so dead-set against the creams, that I scrolled for two weeks through the AC market until I found a couple pearls. Never let a cream into that line! :lol:

You're on your way to pseudo-whites in white phase. Are you going for that triple dilute style? Or will the champagne also be bred out?
I actually have a bunch of pseudo-whites already, like this girl and her relatives. I haven't decided on an end-goal with these lines yet. At the moment they're mostly for helping Silverine with a little project she's got going.

If you ever need double-pearl studs I've got a few.
Black Pearl*
Amber Pearl*
Gold Pearl*
Brown Pearl - He looks black as an adult, but I promise he's brown.
Classic Pearl - with roan and snowflakes
Silver Classic Pearl
Grulla Pearl
Silver Dapple Pearl
Silver Classic Grullo - I love how the dun makes him just a bit more yellow than the silver classic.

*These guys are old, but still around for now.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
I actually have a bunch of pseudo-whites already, like this girl and her relatives. I haven't decided on an end-goal with these lines yet. At the moment they're mostly for helping Silverine with a little project she's got going.

Black Pearl*
Amber Pearl*
Gold Pearl*
Silver Classic Pearl
Grulla Pearl
Silver Dapple Pearl
Silver Classic Grullo - I love how the dun makes him just a bit more yellow than the silver classic.

They would, sadly, ruin my low GP project. I'm (fingers crossed) almost to the goal!

Star-Dancer's a gorgeous color!

I was attracted to the dark eyes and pale coloration. Rather than the blue eyes. It's more of a horse with bright eyeliner that makes it look better I think, with those dark eyes. I don't know, maybe it's just simply the rarity and difficulty that attracts me, I'm not sure.

And the blacks are certainly topping my favorite-to-look-at list.

Hoarfrost... good name, Good color... :lol:

They won't serve a purpose for any current projects, but new ones come to me regularly. I'll keep the supply in mind. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Raikit wrote:

Black Pearl*
Amber Pearl*
Gold Pearl*
Silver Classic Pearl
Grulla Pearl
Silver Dapple Pearl

You have a double pearl black <3 do you per chance have any mares/fillies you might be willing to sell? or could I use Blitz for a couple tries? I do so love the color ^^
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Nazarach wrote: You have a double pearl black <3 do you per chance have any mares/fillies you might be willing to sell? or could I use Blitz for a couple tries? I do so love the color ^^
I don't have any plain-black mares or fillies at the moment, but I'm more than happy to let you use Blitz. I went ahead and put him up.

He'll probably age out soon, but Silverine has a black pearl boy that's younger that I'm sure she'd let you use. My silver dapple pearl boy is also at stud if you don't mind trying to breed out the silver.
Silverine wrote:Pinging just in case. :)
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Raikit wrote:
Nazarach wrote:
I don't have any plain-black mares or fillies at the moment, but I'm more than happy to let you use Blitz. I went ahead and put him up.

He'll probably age out soon, but Silverine has a black pearl boy that's younger that I'm sure she'd let you use. My silver dapple pearl boy is also at stud if you don't mind trying to breed out the silver.
Silverine wrote:Pinging just in case. :)
Many thanks ^^ though it was the double pearl that I want in a line of my abssinians - of plain black i have enough xD
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Nazarach wrote: Many thanks ^^ though it was the double pearl that I want in a line of my abssinians - of plain black i have enough xD
That's what I meant - I don't have any double pearls on otherwise plain black. They all have silver or dun or champagne or something else going on with them. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm