The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Color is This?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

What Color is This?

Post by Southerngal »

Y'know, I like how there is an entire section dedicated to identifying colors. Lord knows some of us need it :lol: :lol:
Is there a special name for this horse? I see different things that I could name it, but, like, is there something fancy I should put down? Cause otherwise I'm just gonna put Black Roan Dun. Or is it grulla? Or is that the right name? :roll: :lol: Thank god they added this section...
Devilish Smiles ℛℛ
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Re: What Color is This?

Post by Veterinarian »

Southerngal wrote:Y'know, I like how there is an entire section dedicated to identifying colors. Lord knows some of us need it :lol: :lol:
Is there a special name for this horse? I see different things that I could name it, but, like, is there something fancy I should put down? Cause otherwise I'm just gonna put Black Roan Dun. Or is it grulla? Or is that the right name? :roll: :lol: Thank god they added this section...
Devilish Smiles ℛℛ
:D
This colt can be either called Grullo (grulla is the female version ) or Black dun (I do not see the roan gene :lol: )
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

Veterinarian wrote: :D
This colt can be either called Grullo (grulla is the female version ) or Black dun (I do not see the roan gene :lol: )
Ok, new word. Who knew that one color was different for a gender? And thanks! I just put in roan because he looks like how a black roan which I just realized is probably actually called a blue roan so well then. Thanks a lot! :lol: :lol: I'm glad someone knows this stuff
RickSekuloski
Visit My Farm

Post by RickSekuloski »

grullo, balck dun new words for me also
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm