The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

NAB color help

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Shalako
Visit My Farm

NAB color help

Post by Shalako »

I just adopted this stallion and need help id'ing his color -

unnamed

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2267240.

Thanks in advance.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: NAB color help

Post by Sawd10 »

Shalako wrote:I just adopted this stallion and need help id'ing his color -

unnamed

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2267240.

Thanks in advance.
You can see that it is NOT a Double Pearl because it's eyes are not dark brown. (Double Pearls will ALWAYS have a PINK muzzle, NO FRECKLES on the muzzle, and DARK BROWN eyes :) )
You can see very, very faint dapples on this horse. ^^^^^
I am positive on the stuff above.
So, I think that this horse may have the cream or champagne gene, though I am not completely certain.
I don't believe that it is a Silver Black Dapple Pearl, because I see no traces of black.
It's got the paint/tabiano like all NABS do.
Hopefully some of this helped you! :D
I don't know the full color, so I suggest you ask either BlackOak2, or HorzeLover101.
~Sawd10
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Sawd10 wrote:
Shalako wrote:
Thanks in advance.
You can see that it is NOT a Double Pearl because it's eyes are not dark brown. (Double Pearls will ALWAYS have a PINK muzzle, NO FRECKLES on the muzzle, and DARK BROWN eyes :) )
So, I think that this horse may have the cream or champagne gene, though I am not completely certain.
I don't believe that it is a Silver Black Dapple Pearl, because I see no traces of black.
I don't know the full color, so I suggest you ask either BlackOak2, or HorzeLover101.
~Sawd10
Sawd10 is correct that this horse is not a double pearl and also correct that there's dapples.

I see no freckles, so there is no champagne.

Dapples are caused by three things on this game (so far): sooty, graying and silver with black. This horse is certainly not graying and doesn't appear to have sooty enough to create dapples, so that leaves silver with black.

Your horse is a double cream paired with silver and on black. OR... a pearl and cream paired with silver and on black. Of course, with tobiano.
So something like: Silver Smoky Cream Dapple or Silver Smoky Black Pearl Dapple
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Shalako
Visit My Farm

Post by Shalako »

Thank you both so much for the replies. I literally had no idea what his color was (other than the obvious Tobiano and I thought I saw those dapples). So, your help was much appreciated. :D
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: You can see that it is NOT a Double Pearl because it's eyes are not dark brown. (Double Pearls will ALWAYS have a PINK muzzle, NO FRECKLES on the muzzle, and DARK BROWN eyes :) )
~Sawd10
Sawd10 is correct that this horse is not a double pearl and also correct that there's dapples.

I see no freckles, so there is no champagne.

Dapples are caused by three things on this game (so far): sooty, graying and silver with black. This horse is certainly not graying and doesn't appear to have sooty enough to create dapples, so that leaves silver with black.

Your horse is a double cream paired with silver and on black. OR... a pearl and cream paired with silver and on black. Of course, with tobiano.
So something like: Silver Smoky Cream Dapple or Silver Smoky Black Pearl Dapple
From my experience he is too bright yellow to be a double-cream with black and silver, so I'm siding with the Silver Smoky Black Pearl Dapple side. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm