The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Puzzling coat color

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
FlipFreak
Visit My Farm

Puzzling coat color

Post by FlipFreak »

Hey!
So I have a colt that I just can't figure out what color he is, anyone have any idea?

ⒻⒻⒻ Peeping Diamond
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Puzzling coat color

Post by Sawd10 »

FlipFreak wrote:Hey!
So I have a colt that I just can't figure out what color he is, anyone have any idea?

ⒻⒻⒻ Peeping Diamond
That's very puzzling..
It's not Double Cream because Double creams have pink muzzle, NO freckles on muzzle, and dark brown eyes.
It looks to me that this horse might be some kind of perlino. You can see that because he has a pink muzzle with brown at the edges, pink and brown around the eyes, as well as the color that you see on him.
I think he is just a Perlino. Double Cream on bay/wild bay.
hope this helped!

*It may also hide some Buckskin Pearl on it, but I doubt it.
FlipFreak
Visit My Farm

Post by FlipFreak »

Sawd10 wrote:
FlipFreak wrote:Hey!

ⒻⒻⒻ Peeping Diamond
That's very puzzling..
It's not Double Cream because Double creams have pink muzzle, NO freckles on muzzle, and dark brown eyes.
It looks to me that this horse might be some kind of perlino. You can see that because he has a pink muzzle with brown at the edges, pink and brown around the eyes, as well as the color that you see on him.
hope this helped!

Thanks!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

FlipFreak wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: That's very puzzling..
hope this helped!

Thanks!
This horse is double cream. Double creams (and doubles pearls for that matter) are able to have freckles if they are affected by champagne. But this horse is not. The brown on the muzzle is caused because the horse is bay-based. Double creams also will not have dark brown eyes, their eyes will be blue of varying shades. This particular horse is affected by tiger eye, as evidenced by the vibrant green color. (Also, just a note that the base color is regular bay and not wild bay. Wild bay does not have the high dark stockings.)

But just double cream on bay would not cause the bright silver mane and tail of this horse. This horse is in fact a Silver Perlino with Tiger Eye. (Bay + 2xCream + Silver + 2xTiger Eye)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 pm