The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
cmcnair
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by cmcnair »

Thank you so much for the help
stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Post by stephanie111 »

Thank you so much for your clarification! You have helped me a lot in trying ot identify what many things in the game are. Your hard work is evident.
katienoel216
Visit My Farm

Post by katienoel216 »

[quote="Totina"]This is an ongoing project of mine that I will update continuously as I finish more of the charts. Since the beta I have collected many pictures of different coat colours with and without dilutions to have as a reference when deciding what a horse's colour could be. I thought I could share them with others and hopefully help with the understanding of the genetics behind.

Hello!
I would first off like to say that I LOVE this chart! Great job! I have looked at other foals but none of them have this coloring that I know of. Do you know what this coloring is? If you don't know that's okay. I'm trying to sell her. She is a Percheron x Arabian. Thanks!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/612515
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

katienoel216 wrote:
Totina wrote:This is an ongoing project of mine that I will update continuously as I finish more of the charts. Since the beta I have collected many pictures of different coat colours with and without dilutions to have as a reference when deciding what a horse's colour could be. I thought I could share them with others and hopefully help with the understanding of the genetics behind.

Hello!
I would first off like to say that I LOVE this chart! Great job! I have looked at other foals but none of them have this coloring that I know of. Do you know what this coloring is? If you don't know that's okay. I'm trying to sell her. She is a Percheron x Arabian. Thanks!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/612515
She is born with the coat of an adult horse (sooty dunskin), which means she is going to turn grey eventually when she gets older.
katienoel216
Visit My Farm

Post by katienoel216 »

She is born with the coat of an adult horse (sooty dunskin), which means she is going to turn grey eventually when she gets older.[/quote]

Thanks for the info!
Wild Mustang Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Wild Mustang Stables »

Thanks so much! It's an awesome guide, very helpful and clear.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

Totina wrote:I could need some help with getting pictures of horses with pearl. I am trying to breed my own horses to get the pictures that are missing but if someone wants to help I would be grateful.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/574048 could u tell me what color this is?
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

darklass wrote:
Totina wrote:I could need some help with getting pictures of horses with pearl. I am trying to breed my own horses to get the pictures that are missing but if someone wants to help I would be grateful.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/574048 could u tell me what color this is?
She is chestnut snowcap (two copies of the LP gene that causes appaloosa pattern to appear). The "cloudy pattern" a.k.a varnishing you see is due to the LP gene. All horses with at least one copy of the LP gene will varnish with age and make the coat look different from when they were young.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

Totina wrote:
darklass wrote: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/574048 could u tell me what color this is?
She is chestnut snowcap (two copies of the LP gene that causes appaloosa pattern to appear). The "cloudy pattern" a.k.a varnishing you see is due to the LP gene. All horses with at least one copy of the LP gene will varnish with age and make the coat look different from when they were young.
cool thanks say can I talk to u on chat for a while I have some coats I would like to ask about and I am limited on how many quotes I can do in what color is my horse?
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

darklass wrote:
cool thanks say can I talk to u on chat for a while I have some coats I would like to ask about and I am limited on how many quotes I can do in what color is my horse?
Sure.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm