The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
iamverypunkrockokay
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by iamverypunkrockokay »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

iamverypunkrockokay wrote:What colour is my horse?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1224455
Bay Dun Pangare
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

amazing guide, thanks!
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Totina wrote:.
Hi, I wanted to ask if you still needed photos of missing colors; I recently was on a photographie spree ^^

- Smoky Black Roan (4 months)
- Smoky Black Pearl w/ Tiger Eye (6 months)

full-sized adult coat, but no full-sized foal picture:

- Black Roan
- Black Pearl w/ Tiger Eye
- Black Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye
- Smoky Cream Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye

- Sable Champagne
- Silver Brown Pearl Champagne
- Brown Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye
Redhorsedream
Visit My Farm

Post by Redhorsedream »

I feel like you're missing this guy.

(not sure what's up with his color)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1591897
justjumpit621
Visit My Farm

Post by justjumpit621 »

This is really helpful thanks! But I have a problem and it may be because there isn’t a picture of this color. I can’t figure out the color of this mare. She was born looking like a smoky black tiger eye but she’s stayed the lighter brown color, and has dark points so she doesn’t look like the dilutes that are already posted.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1709455
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

justjumpit621 wrote:This is really helpful thanks! But I have a problem and it may be because there isn’t a picture of this color. I can’t figure out the color of this mare. She was born looking like a smoky black tiger eye but she’s stayed the lighter brown color, and has dark points so she doesn’t look like the dilutes that are already posted.

She is a smoky black tiger eye. There is a slim chance she carries and is displaying silver (her dam line is loaded with lighter colored manes and tails), but I don't think this is the case. I think the entire reason she appears lighter has nothing to do with a potential silver gene and has everything to do with the varnish of the leopard complex gene.
Because of the Lp varnish, she will never be dark; she will continue to brighten and change her appearance subtly throughout her life.
justjumpit621
Visit My Farm

Post by justjumpit621 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
justjumpit621 wrote:This is really helpful thanks! But I have a problem and it may be because there isn’t a picture of this color. I can’t figure out the color of this mare. She was born looking like a smoky black tiger eye but she’s stayed the lighter brown color, and has dark points so she doesn’t look like the dilutes that are already posted.

She is a smoky black tiger eye. There is a slim chance she carries and is displaying silver (her dam line is loaded with lighter colored manes and tails), but I don't think this is the case. I think the entire reason she appears lighter has nothing to do with a potential silver gene and has everything to do with the varnish of the leopard complex gene.
Because of the Lp varnish, she will never be dark; she will continue to brighten and change her appearance subtly throughout her life.
Awesome, thank you! I think she's beautiful, glad I was right about the color originally!
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

Can somebody help me with his colour?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Pieta wrote:Can somebody help me with his colour?
This is difficult as you have a blanket on this horse in the closest picture to 1 year.
But this horse appears to be a triple dilute horse, either two creams or a cream and a pearl with champagne. It also appears to be a chestnut base. Because the dam doesn't appear to be a smoky black (a cream carrier), I'd have to say that Bamboo is a cream and pearl with champagne.

However, that said, this mare could be displaying a silver gene. And because I can't see the legs at all after the foal coat is blown, this stallion could just as easily be brown or bay.

This is my best answer after I investigated your horse: silver, triple dilute on brown.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 am