The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Paige100
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by Paige100 »

thank you
Paige100
Visit My Farm

Post by Paige100 »

Charlie

What colour is he?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Paige100 wrote: What colour is he?
He is black.
He also has a gene for metallic (that's the shiney areas on his body).
His socks are actually created by a paint pattern called tobiano. At this present time, there are no true markings in game just yet, so any markings, like socks and stars are created from the tobiano gene. There is also no other paint markings yet added to the game, so all the paint markings are also caused solely by the tobiano gene.
He also may be hiding a cream gene, which means he may produce buckskins or palominos or smoky browns, which in that case would mean he's a smokey black and not just a straight black.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
iloveponys04
Visit My Farm

Post by iloveponys04 »

Totina wrote:I could need some help with getting pictures of horses with pearl. I am trying to breed my own horses to get the pictures that are missing but if someone wants to help I would be grateful.
Hi Totina,
First of all, Thank you for posting this guide! It's very helpful and detailed, while staying much more clear than other ones I've seen.
As I've quoted, you said that you could use some help with getting horses with pearl right? I have one here whose color I have never seen before:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2214114
Maybe you would recognize it?
If you'd like, I wouldn't mind you using some of his pictures to help with your guide.
Elaina Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Elaina Brewster »

iloveponys04 wrote:
Totina wrote:I could need some help with getting pictures of horses with pearl. I am trying to breed my own horses to get the pictures that are missing but if someone wants to help I would be grateful.
Hi Totina,
First of all, Thank you for posting this guide! It's very helpful and detailed, while staying much more clear than other ones I've seen.
As I've quoted, you said that you could use some help with getting horses with pearl right? I have one here whose color I have never seen before:
If you'd like, I wouldn't mind you using some of his pictures to help with your guide.
He looks like a greying silver perlino
iloveponys04
Visit My Farm

Post by iloveponys04 »

Elaina Brewster wrote:
iloveponys04 wrote:
Hi Totina,
He looks like a greying silver perlino
Ah ok thanks! Question though, if I was able to find a mare with similar coloring, would I be able to breed more of his color, or would it not work because it's just that he's graying?
Cloud 9 Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cloud 9 Farm »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2252885

Hope this link works. I just picked up this nare last night. Not sure what I have here. Never seen anything like this and I don't see anything quite like it pictured above but it may be a variation of something? If you look closely it appears that she is dappled? And also has inside out sort of Paint markings which may appear that way due to how light she is, possibly the markings appear darker? This is about as odd as it gets. Lol.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Cloud 9 Farm wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2252885

Hope this link works. I just picked up this nare last night. Not sure what I have here. Never seen anything like this and I don't see anything quite like it pictured above but it may be a variation of something? If you look closely it appears that she is dappled? And also has inside out sort of Paint markings which may appear that way due to how light she is, possibly the markings appear darker? This is about as odd as it gets. Lol.
She would be considered a 'pseudo-white'.
She is a triple dilute.
Either two creams and champagne, or a cream and a pearl with champagne.
And she also has tobiano (right now, this is the only paint marking that has been released and is responsible for all paints and also face and socks.
And you're also correct, she does appear to also have dapples. So her base color is black with silver.

So her color is silver dapple smoky cream champagne (two creams) or silver dapple smoky cream pearl champagne (one cream & one pearl). If she ever throws a solid color (a bay or chestnut) with a solid horse, then you'll know she hides a pearl rather than a cream.

With the silver dapple stud you have her paired with, she'll likely throw either a smoky black style foal (like her father) or one that looks a little more like her, but darker. There is also a chance that the stud is hiding a cream or pearl gene himself. If that happens, you also have a chance of throwing a lookalike like the dam.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cloud 9 Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cloud 9 Farm »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Cloud 9 Farm wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2252885

She would be considered a 'pseudo-white'.
She is a triple dilute.
Either two creams and champagne, or a cream and a pearl with champagne.
And she also has tobiano (right now, this is the only paint marking that has been released and is responsible for all paints and also face and socks.
And you're also correct, she does appear to also have dapples. So her base color is black with silver.

So her color is silver dapple smoky cream champagne (two creams) or silver dapple smoky cream pearl champagne (one cream & one pearl). If she ever throws a solid color (a bay or chestnut) with a solid horse, then you'll know she hides a pearl rather than a cream.

With the silver dapple stud you have her paired with, she'll likely throw either a smoky black style foal (like her father) or one that looks a little more like her, but darker. There is also a chance that the stud is hiding a cream or pearl gene himself. If that happens, you also have a chance of throwing a lookalike like the dam.
Ooh, this really explains it. Thank you so much! Would you consider this a rare color? Also is there a way to see the dominant and recessive genes listed on each horse?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am