The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What color is this TB and how common is this color in the breed?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

What color is this TB and how common is this color in the breed?

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What color is this TB and how common is this color in the breed?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2129556
P.S. He is for sale ;)
Appears to be a double cream on black with snowflakes and tiger eye. So, smoky cream.

As for rarity... maybe a little rarer, with the gene combination you have. But for a racing-styled competition purebred thoroughbred, probably a bit more rare than just a colored horse.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Honeybunny#2 wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2129556
P.S. He is for sale ;)
Appears to be a double cream on black with snowflakes and tiger eye. So, smoky cream.

As for rarity... maybe a little rarer, with the gene combination you have. But for a racing-styled competition purebred thoroughbred, probably a bit more rare than just a colored horse.
Thanks! That is what I thought rarity wise... (In IRL a grey on the track is rareish, and exciting when I see one that shows potential :lol: ) What color is this mare?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2223333 (Tiger eye I believe but the rest is stumping me... :D )
And this filly if possible:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2097995
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Thanks! That is what I thought rarity wise... (In IRL a grey on the track is rareish, and exciting when I see one that shows potential :lol: ) What color is this mare?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2223333 (Tiger eye I believe but the rest is stumping me... :D )
I think in real life that a black racer is the most rare. With Frosted and his sire, the grays in the US are really beginning to get passed around.

Shadows Viper is a smoky brown pangare with tiger eye. The tannish underside instead of red indicates the cream gene and the flank area bleeding out even more is a good indication of pangare.

Tenacious Owl appears to be a triple dilute on bay with dun. Perlino Champagne Dun. She also appears to have tiger eye. I don't immediately see any pearls in her pedigree so I'm going to say a double cream and not a cream and pearl or a double pearl (hidden by tiger eye).
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Honeybunny#2 wrote: Thanks! That is what I thought rarity wise... (In IRL a grey on the track is rareish, and exciting when I see one that shows potential :lol: ) What color is this mare?
I think in real life that a black racer is the most rare. With Frosted and his sire, the grays in the US are really beginning to get passed around.

Shadows Viper is a smoky brown pangare with tiger eye. The tannish underside instead of red indicates the cream gene and the flank area bleeding out even more is a good indication of pangare.

Tenacious Owl appears to be a triple dilute on bay with dun. Perlino Champagne Dun. She also appears to have tiger eye. I don't immediately see any pearls in her pedigree so I'm going to say a double cream and not a cream and pearl or a double pearl (hidden by tiger eye).
The second one is actually Silver Classic Cream Pearl Dun (black + silver + cream + pearl + champagne). Her sire is the same. We know he has pearl because he sired this horse - an apparently undiluted Silver Amber Champagne - and this one - an apparently undiluted Classic Dun. If he was double cream he could not have sired any horses that appeared undiluted. He also sired this horse, so we know that he is prone to throwing very light, almost non-existent dapples.

As a note - double-pearl and double-cream with silver on black-based champagne will be pseudo-whites. If they are yellowish like this it's a good bet they're cream-pearl. ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

The second one is actually Silver Classic Cream Pearl Dun (black + silver + cream + pearl + champagne). Her sire is the same. We know he has pearl because he sired this horse - an apparently undiluted Silver Amber Champagne - and this one - an apparently undiluted Classic Dun. If he was double cream he could not have sired any horses that appeared undiluted. He also sired this horse, so we know that he is prone to throwing very light, almost non-existent dapples.

As a note - double-pearl and double-cream with silver on black-based champagne will be pseudo-whites. If they are yellowish like this it's a good bet they're cream-pearl. ;)
Hah! Well, there you have it. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Silverine wrote:

Hah! Well, there you have it. :mrgreen:
Thank you both! Also Blackoak... your right... Frosted has made grays more common... and Blacks... while we need more of them :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Honeybunny#2 wrote: Thank you both! Also Blackoak... your right... Frosted has made grays more common... and Blacks... while we need more of them :lol:
I'm not particularly fond of Frosted... but I can't figure out why just yet. His record and so far, his offspring appear to be of the decent sort. So I'm confused why I don't like him. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Honeybunny#2 wrote: Thank you both! Also Blackoak... your right... Frosted has made grays more common... and Blacks... while we need more of them :lol:
I'm not particularly fond of Frosted... but I can't figure out why just yet. His record and so far, his offspring appear to be of the decent sort. So I'm confused why I don't like him. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.
Frosted has thrown some good offspring. And he himself is a very powerful horse. One thing I don't like is he has less muscle then American Pharaoh. But he deserves his place and a little more recognition for keeping on Pharaoh's heels for a good time. Frosted seems lighter and from the time I have spent near jumpers he has a little bit of a jumper/cross country build (he is still a racer but he could sire some interesting foals... I would love to see him or a foal of his tried over some jumps... he has a very tall shoulder and a more light refined look)And he isn't a tank like Pharaoh.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Frosted has thrown some good offspring. And he himself is a very powerful horse. One thing I don't like is he has less muscle then American Pharaoh. But he deserves his place and a little more recognition for keeping on Pharaoh's heels for a good time. Frosted seems lighter and from the time I have spent near jumpers he has a little bit of a jumper/cross country build (he is still a racer but he could sire some interesting foals... I would love to see him or a foal of his tried over some jumps... he has a very tall shoulder and a more light refined look)And he isn't a tank like Pharaoh.
Good points, about the jumping. There are some former racers that move into hunter-style afterwork, when they don't make it on the track... but I don't know if we'll get the chance to see that with him directly at least. Who knows. I'll keep this in mind, if I ever hear his name dropped in some other circuits, I'll check it out. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm