The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

I think this filly is a brown champagne snowflake with the 2p gene.

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: I think this filly is a brown champagne snowflake with the 2p gene.

Post by Raikit »

JillJessie1997 wrote: I just copy and pasted this into a word document :D

||EC|| Carribean Sky

So this guy definitely has a cream gene, as his coat has a lighter yellow effect to it. I have it listed as palomino (his mom is a palomino blanket with the yellow darker than his, his dead a mealy chestnut extended blanket), I know there are lighter shades of palomino but I forgot their technical terms. Would you agree with this? Also, is the marking on his rump known as a semi blanket? I know if it reaches to the shoulder it is extended.

I have a whole different topic for this girl's color but since you're right here, I figured I'll ask you :)
||EC|| Cream Puff

I think she is champagne + two creams based on what you wrote (and Totina's guide). She has pale freckling around her muzzle/eyes and if you look at her sire he is nearly white also with the same freckling on the face. The player has the sire listed as a smoky cream champagne (I know the champagne is true, but I'm not yet good with the creams), and after looking at the color guide under smoky cream, I want to say that's their base color, but I'm not entirely sure :lol:
Yes, he is a palomino. He is also displaying some mealy with the lightness on his lower half. He has a small blanket. Some call that a hip blanket, others would just call it a blanket.

And my sister actually already commented on that filly. XD The filly is a gold cream with appy spots (chestnut + 1 cream + champagne). She is actually a very classic example of how champagne would turn a yellow palomino (like your colt) into a pale gold. Here is what my sister wrote:
Silverine wrote:Your mare is a gold cream with appaloosa spotting. Gold cream is chestnut plus one cream plus champagne. Her sire is actually a cremello champagne snowcap that is mis-named. As far as the number of cream genes goes - your mare's mother did not have any cream. Therefore, even though her sire has two the most this mare would ever have is one. Also having dark eyes means that she is not a double-dilute - double creams or cream+pearl will have light eyes. And the freckling is caused by champagne. :)
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Raikit wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote: I just copy and pasted this into a word document :D

||EC|| Carribean Sky

So this guy definitely has a cream gene, as his coat has a lighter yellow effect to it. I have it listed as palomino (his mom is a palomino blanket with the yellow darker than his, his dead a mealy chestnut extended blanket), I know there are lighter shades of palomino but I forgot their technical terms. Would you agree with this? Also, is the marking on his rump known as a semi blanket? I know if it reaches to the shoulder it is extended.

I have a whole different topic for this girl's color but since you're right here, I figured I'll ask you :)
||EC|| Cream Puff

I think she is champagne + two creams based on what you wrote (and Totina's guide). She has pale freckling around her muzzle/eyes and if you look at her sire he is nearly white also with the same freckling on the face. The player has the sire listed as a smoky cream champagne (I know the champagne is true, but I'm not yet good with the creams), and after looking at the color guide under smoky cream, I want to say that's their base color, but I'm not entirely sure :lol:
Yes, he is a palomino. He is also displaying some mealy with the lightness on his lower half. He has a small blanket. Some call that a hip blanket, others would just call it a blanket.

And my sister actually already commented on that filly. XD The filly is a gold cream with appy spots (chestnut + 1 cream + champagne). She is actually a very classic example of how champagne would turn a yellow palomino (like your colt) into a pale gold. Here is what my sister wrote:
Silverine wrote:Your mare is a gold cream with appaloosa spotting. Gold cream is chestnut plus one cream plus champagne. Her sire is actually a cremello champagne snowcap that is mis-named. As far as the number of cream genes goes - your mare's mother did not have any cream. Therefore, even though her sire has two the most this mare would ever have is one. Also having dark eyes means that she is not a double-dilute - double creams or cream+pearl will have light eyes. And the freckling is caused by champagne. :)
Thank you for your help with Carribean :) I'm gonna run over to my other topic and thank your sister :D I usually have my notifications turned on, guess I forgot to check that box with that topic. xD
Man I'm really bad with these dilutes. They all look the same to me! :lol:
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

We're all still learning about dilutes and I constantly forget that pangare doesn't show on black (though I have a few of them).

Somebody generally pops up to correct things if the subject gets too far off point.

Thanks Raikit.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 am