The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Greying on Gold Champagne

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Greying on Gold Champagne

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Raikit wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote: I kinda figured she didn't inherit cream - doesn't have light color eyes or anything (I saved my newly founded knowledge in my notes :P). I do not see the red in her foal picture, looks like the dark grey foal under the "Smoky Black" in Totina's guide to me, that's why I put her down as such. The black horse as pictured in the guide had no mealy around her muzzle like this girl did either - solid black all throughout the coat. But hehe, I'm still learning. Thanks for the reply :)
For reference:
BlackSmoky Black
ImageImage
Darker, more red, almost like a dark liver chestnut.Lighter, less red and more blue-ish, like a dark steel grey.
I see it now....man my eyes are just horrid :roll: You're right she's black :lol:
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Greying on Gold Champagne

Post by Raikit »

JillJessie1997 wrote: I see it now....man my eyes are just horrid :roll: You're right she's black :lol:
It takes practice to see. Like the difference between bay and brown baby coats. Differentiating them is more of an art than a science - at least until we get gene testing.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm