The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Black Oak Farm Sales - Revolving Stock Only

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farm Sales - Closed

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
vallers wrote:
Thanks for doing the searching for me, now i don't have to. I just started the project, i only devoted 5 mares, one fresian stud and 2 fell studs to it. I already got 3 out of 10 tries on 5 rounds of breeding. I wasn't trying for a mass breeding attempt.
That's decently good results, considering the arabian tendency to favor light foals.
You appear to run through a lot of minor projects. Is that because your interest wavers quick or because you succeed relatively quickly?

usually get paid to breed for people cause i can go through 5-10 game years or more a day. i am also cross breeding new foundlands for someone and hanoverians for another person
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:

usually get paid to breed for people cause i can go through 5-10 game years or more a day. i am also cross breeding new foundlands for someone and hanoverians for another person
It's certainly no surprise then that you've forgotten who the arieg. project was for.

It has it's own type of enjoyment, doing projects for other people.
It's time's like this that I'm happy we're limited to how many total horses we can have. I would definitely have way too many projects going at the same time.
As it is, two main and two side projects are too many! :lol:
Hopefully, one of them will finish maturing soon enough... :roll:
I have other interesting projects to tackle in the future (at least interesting to me).
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
vallers wrote:

It's certainly no surprise then that you've forgotten who the arieg. project was for.

It has it's own type of enjoyment, doing projects for other people.
It's time's like this that I'm happy we're limited to how many total horses we can have. I would definitely have way too many projects going at the same time.
As it is, two main and two side projects are too many! :lol:
Hopefully, one of them will finish maturing soon enough... :roll:
I have other interesting projects to tackle in the future (at least interesting to me).
i successfully bred kathiawari from scratch

chinese guoxia
baladi
the argie things
and working on 2 more small side things
still havent finished my month long baluchi project.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:....
I certainly can't move that fast, that's for sure. I'll loose track of my project and where I am.
The quickest I can do is about two years every day, but that hasn't happened since my grinder competition line came out.
Training takes a lot of time while in the midst of running a slightly complicated breeding project.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
vallers wrote:....
I certainly can't move that fast, that's for sure. I'll loose track of my project and where I am.
The quickest I can do is about two years every day, but that hasn't happened since my grinder competition line came out.
Training takes a lot of time while in the midst of running a slightly complicated breeding project.
breed your mares, train until they foal, then rebreed or breed the rest and finish the training

this only works if you are training one at a time though
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:
breed your mares, train until they foal, then rebreed or breed the rest and finish the training

It would likely work better if I only trained them per competition rather than full. It could work for me also with your suggestion.
I train foals decently successfully. Takes between 2.5 and 2.9 years usually. But I can only do that on a yearly revolving basis (I start a new one after the current one has a year's worth of training). Using that technique, I generally still get enough days coming in and I don't run out of time during the day before training is complete.
Works quite well for me, but really slows down breeding, or... if looked at it the opposite way, breeding really slows down training. Hah!

The only problem I run into is when these competition mares give birth to acceptable offspring all at once. But whatever, things still get done, just not in as timely a fashion as I like.

I'm not particularly fond of training. It gets tedious for me after awhile.
But I also don't like sending out horses to other people. Never know when real life happens and that horse may be nonreturnable. Such is. :D
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
vallers wrote:

It would likely work better if I only trained them per competition rather than full. It could work for me also with your suggestion.
I train foals decently successfully. Takes between 2.5 and 2.9 years usually. But I can only do that on a yearly revolving basis (I start a new one after the current one has a year's worth of training). Using that technique, I generally still get enough days coming in and I don't run out of time during the day before training is complete.
Works quite well for me, but really slows down breeding, or... if looked at it the opposite way, breeding really slows down training. Hah!

The only problem I run into is when these competition mares give birth to acceptable offspring all at once. But whatever, things still get done, just not in as timely a fashion as I like.

I'm not particularly fond of training. It gets tedious for me after awhile.
But I also don't like sending out horses to other people. Never know when real life happens and that horse may be nonreturnable. Such is. :D
Do you have a holding account?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:
That would certainly make my 'woes' much easier!
The second account is currently in use with 4 other projects. :D
It's no big deal. I'll manage, just a little vent. :D
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
vallers wrote:
can you come into the chat room for a few minutes?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
can you come into the chat room for a few minutes?
I'm logged into chat now.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 am