The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse Sanctuary: Horses FREE* to good homes! Surrenders accepted! (*NEWLY SORTED BY BREED*)

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
Z.A. Sanctuary
Visit My Farm

Horse Sanctuary: Horses FREE* to good homes! Surrenders accepted! (*NEWLY SORTED BY BREED*)

Post by Z.A. Sanctuary »

【ℤiel's Acres Sanctuary】

ℤiel's Acres Sanctuary is a not-for-profit facility that takes in older or unwanted horses, and cares for them until they are either adopted out to good new homes, or until they pass away. All adoptions or surrenders are FREE*, provided our rules are followed. Donations are appreciated, but not necessary.
(*NOTE: “free” means $1, as this is the lowest a horse can be sold for in-game.)

ADOPTION RULES:
⯈ Horses marked [NFA] are NOT for adoption!
⯈ Horses can currently be adopted for FREE* ($1), with the exception of horses marked with 【ℤA】in their name/ description. Those are horses I bred / owned, and will have minimum prices listed in their description, or be listed as a flat sale. Donations are appreciated, but not necessary.
⯈ In order to adopt a horse, you MUST have a plan for it. So when you put in offers on the horses you’re interested in adopting, please post here and tell us what you plan to do with them! EG: Link other horses you plan to breed them to, say if you plan to train / show them and for what disciplines, etc. Please be specific!
⯈ Please ensure you have space for the horses BEFORE applying to adopt - if you can’t take the horse when you’ve been chosen, they may go to someone else who can!

Please go to our farm to view the horses available!
For easy browsing, our farm's pasture is sorted by breed, and all horses should at LEAST have their colored stats and HGP listed in their descriptions. We can provide color evaluations and conformation assessments upon request.

SURRENDERING RULES:
⯈ ANY horse accepted! However, we prefer to take older horses (10+ yrs), as younger horses should be easier to sell for more than (or at) the "free" surrender payment of $1.
⯈ We are NOT a boarding facility. ALL horses surrendered will be available for adoption to other players, and we will NOT sell them back to the owner that surrendered them. You accept this when you surrender your horse.
⯈ If you accept our rules, link to the horses you wish to surrender below. Make sure they’re up for offers!

We hope this helps some players and their horses! :D
Last edited by Z.A. Sanctuary on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse Sanctuary: Aging out / rehoming unwanted horses for free!*

Post by walnut the hamster »

Z.A. Sanctuary wrote:ping
Hi I am interested in some of the horses.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1935013
I am going to breed her to my Bashkirs to get more Bashkir curlies!
Same with her
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1936324
The home of the derpy horses!!!!!!!
Z.A. Sanctuary
Visit My Farm

Post by Z.A. Sanctuary »

walnut the hamster wrote:
Z.A. Sanctuary wrote:ping
Hi I am interested in some of the horses.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1935013
I am going to breed her to my Bashkirs to get more Bashkir curlies!
Same with her
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1936324
Hi there! I put both horses up for offers! :)
Z.A. Sanctuary
Visit My Farm

Post by Z.A. Sanctuary »

Bump - picked up more!
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

can you please take this one for me? He is up for offers.
Z.A. Sanctuary
Visit My Farm

Post by Z.A. Sanctuary »

Caramelapple3 wrote:
can you please take this one for me? He is up for offers.
Offer sent! :)
kness123
Visit My Farm

Post by kness123 »

Z.A. Sanctuary wrote:As the title says, this account is being used to age out / rehome older horses. If you have horses you can’t sell but you need the space, we can take them in for free!* (* Actually $1, since that’s the lowest you can sell/buy horses for.) We will also accept offers to buy horses on this account, as long as they aren’t marked with [NFS] in their description. ;)

ADOPTION RULES:
- Horses marked [NFS] are NOT for sale!
- Horses can currently be adopted for any cost, with the exception of horses marked with 【ℤA】in their name/ description. Those are horses I bred / owned, and will have minimum prices listed in their description, or be listed as a flat sale.
- In order to adopt a horse, you MUST have a plan for it. So when you link the horses you’re interested in adopting, please tell us what you plan to do with them! EG: Link other horses you plan to breed them to, say if you plan to train / show them and for what disciplines, etc.

And that’s pretty much it! Hope this helps some players and their horses! :D
First off, I love this idea!! I try to adopt older horses and make sure they are put to good use with the time they have left! I saw a few that I would love to adopt!

I am most interested in Dark Autumn

He is only 13 years old with decent training and a gorgeous coat coloration. I plan on breeding him with my many show arabian mares!
Here are two for example :)
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2038256
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1933489

The next horse I was interested in was this Missouri Fox Trotter

He is probably too old to train so I wouldn't be able to show him, but I have been searching for a new breed project and I fell in love with his coloration so I would love to use him as a stud ;)

And finally, I was interested in the Suffolk Punch

I wanted to train him! He is gorgeous and has awesome qualities. Being only 11 years old, I still have plenty of time to train him :)
He has an awkward body shape, but I would love to try him out in log pull or western trail
Z.A. Sanctuary
Visit My Farm

Post by Z.A. Sanctuary »

kness123 wrote:
First off, I love this idea!! I try to adopt older horses and make sure they are put to good use with the time they have left! I saw a few that I would love to adopt!

He is only 13 years old with decent training and a gorgeous coat coloration. I plan on breeding him with my many show arabian mares!

He is probably too old to train so I wouldn't be able to show him, but I have been searching for a new breed project and I fell in love with his coloration so I would love to use him as a stud ;)

I wanted to train him! He is gorgeous and has awesome qualities. Being only 11 years old, I still have plenty of time to train him :)
He has an awkward body shape, but I would love to try him out in log pull or western trail
Thanks for the kind words! I know sometimes it’s hard for players to move older horses, and with limited space it can be a pain. :lol:

I have put the first two up for offers - I will put the third up once they’re picked up! :D
kness123
Visit My Farm

Post by kness123 »

Z.A. Sanctuary wrote:
kness123 wrote:

Thanks for the kind words! I know sometimes it’s hard for players to move older horses, and with limited space it can be a pain. :lol:

I have put the first two up for offers - I will put the third up once they’re picked up! :D
Haha oh yeah, the market is flooded with younger foals so it is definitely hard to move around older horses, but I have lots of room on my secondary account that I use for breeding so I'd love to take these guys :)

Is there a base price you'd like me to offer for them, or is it just whatever I think is fit?
Z.A. Sanctuary
Visit My Farm

Post by Z.A. Sanctuary »

kness123 wrote:
Z.A. Sanctuary wrote:

Haha oh yeah, the market is flooded with younger foals so it is definitely hard to move around older horses, but I have lots of room on my secondary account that I use for breeding so I'd love to take these guys :)

Is there a base price you'd like me to offer for them, or is it just whatever I think is fit?
Clearly, the latter. :P Anything folks choose to pay when adopting will just help cover feed costs! Although I’ve dumped a good amount on here already for that purpose. :lol:

The last horse you wanted is up for offers!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm