The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mongolians For Sale

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Mongolians For Sale

Post by KayaineII »

So I was breeding Mongolians for a breeding project, but I ended up changing directions after I had a full set. So I have these guys: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/40454

I'm asking at least 25K for each of them, so feel free to let me know if you want one. I might be open to negotiation, but probably not by a lot. The Mongol is not for sale. I'm willing to negotiate on selling everyone else. There are about 5 that are being trained right now, so there will be more there later.
texí
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians For Sale

Post by texí »

KayaineII wrote:So I was breeding Mongolians for a breeding project, but I ended up changing directions after I had a full set. So I have these guys: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/40454

I'm asking at least 25K for each of them, so feel free to let me know if you want one. I might be open to negotiation, but probably not by a lot. The Mongol is not for sale. I'm willing to negotiate on selling everyone else. There are about 5 that are being trained right now, so there will be more there later.
Hey, I'm still interested into buying as much mongolians as possible :)
Alpha ignis, signum astralis, flamma omega, multiversalis....
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

texí wrote:
KayaineII wrote:So I was breeding Mongolians for a breeding project, but I ended up changing directions after I had a full set. So I have these guys: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/40454

Hey, I'm still interested into buying as much mongolians as possible :)
Did you need more than 6? I can breed more of them if you need them.
texí
Visit My Farm

Post by texí »

2 stallions and as much mares as possible, the less related to each other, the better
Alpha ignis, signum astralis, flamma omega, multiversalis....
finle13374
Visit My Farm

Post by finle13374 »

i would buy one but 25k is a bit to much for these horses
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

texí wrote:2 stallions and as much mares as possible, the less related to each other, the better
5 of my colts are out for training atm, but I can breed you some variety as soon as I get them back. Would you like a few of the mares now?
ToiletWater13
Visit My Farm

Post by ToiletWater13 »

So I was breeding Mongolians for a breeding project, but I ended up changing directions after I had a full set. So I have these guys: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/40454

I could certainly use some Mongolians, trying to breed up to East Friesians has been a major pain so far and having some might make it easier. That said, 25K is a bit steep, especially for horses that will take another 4 game years to be able to breed.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Would you be willing to part with #657141? She has the lowest COI of any of them there.
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

ToiletWater13 wrote:

I could certainly use some Mongolians, trying to breed up to East Friesians has been a major pain so far and having some might make it easier. That said, 25K is a bit steep, especially for horses that will take another 4 game years to be able to breed.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Would you be willing to part with #657141? She has the lowest COI of any of them there.
If you want some specially bred for a lower COI I can do that. The main reason they are so high is the amount of work that took into breeding the przewalski and tarpan mares they're bred from. I can also age them for you. Depending on what specs you want for them, I can breed some for you cheaper, but their HGP and stats might not be as good. Let me know. Otherwise, you can have the one as is if you want.
ToiletWater13
Visit My Farm

Post by ToiletWater13 »

If you want some specially bred for a lower COI I can do that. The main reason they are so high is the amount of work that took into breeding the przewalski and tarpan mares they're bred from. I can also age them for you. Depending on what specs you want for them, I can breed some for you cheaper, but their HGP and stats might not be as good. Let me know. Otherwise, you can have the one as is if you want.

This certainly sounds appealing, if i take you up on this offer will that increase the cost? Additionally, do you have any suggestions for breeding Mongolians, myself?
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

ToiletWater13 wrote: ping
If you don't care about the hgp or br comments taking a hit, it would probably lower the price of the foals. I wouldn't make you pay extra for aging or COI breeding. I have to breed more mongolians for texi anyway. Mostly the higher prices come from my having to breed the limited number of very good mares I have.

As for doing it on your own, advice depends on what you're aiming for. If you are trying for the high hgp or BR comments, then starting with good base stock is the key. There are a number of mongolian studs up, so you could either crossbreed with another type of horse and breed back to the better ones until you get to pure, or you could buy some decent tarpan mares (I've seen some before, although usually out of one of my tarpan studs, so there's prolly some crossover there) and breed to a good przewalski stud (I have 3 up). It's much harder to find good przewalski. As far as I know, I am the only one that has any decent ones, mares or stallions. If you're not in a hurry, I have recently decided to breed przewalski exclusively since I have found them to be the most difficult foundation horse to breed well, and since it doesn't appear that anyone else is breeding them. That being said, I should have some decent purebred colored przewalski studs up within a couple of weeks.

The thing you need to focus on most is body size. Neither tarpan or przewalski tend to have the right body size for mongolian, so if you aren't at least close with all of the horses you're breeding, you'll never get a mongolian. It will be an exercise in frustration. The easiest thing to do to cut COI down, might be to use 1 of my fillies and breed her with a variety of different mongolian studs. If you are using them for a longer breed, the coi usually falls naturally to within a comfortable range after a couple of breedings if you don't cross lineages.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm