The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

€R♛ Royale - (Farm Log)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Re: €R♛ Royale - (Farm Log)

Post by Royale Ranch »

Update:

Project no. 1: The Australian Project
Brief Overview: Almost to the point of breeding the TB
Current Status: On Hold
Update: N/A

Project no. 2: Endurance Project
Brief overview: not started
Current Status: on hold

Project no. 3: 1 of every breed: Breeding Project

Project no. 5. Arabian Project

Project no. 4: Show-Stepping Project
Brief overview: Just started, today!
Current Status: Bought 6xAC NABS, working towards as much of a white pattern as possible, remembering that a true white is not yet available in the game. ;)

I'll make a separate post below this one, dedicated solely to this project. That way, all the details, and updates, will be in a single post :D
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Project no. 4: Show-Stepping Project
Goal:
This one's a little frivolous… to create the horse of my dreams: Pure White (which is going to be fun.) Tall, horse-like with plumed manes, tails, and feathers. Skill: Show jumping/dressage. Note: its currently impossible to get a pure white horse on the game at this stage. closest is a psudo white, i think.. ;)
Divisions:
4.1) Mostly White NABS 4.2) Psudo White Horse Type 4.3) Mix division 1 and 2 4.4) improve the line above 45GP 4.5) Create a competing line
Milestones:
N/A
The Road So Far:
Created 3 separate lines - got a mixture of NAB AC horses, mostly bred with AC NAB studs. for now, trying to keep ac/or within my own lines.... where's the fun in taking what someone else has already done? nah.. i'll prolly change my mind later on! Was keeping the lines seperate, may start to do some mixing now.. not too fussed bout COI, but do want to keep below 75 at a max.
Current Status:
I'm about 3-5 generations in, each generation being bred back to an AC level horse, but think im about as far as i can go with that, so going to start mixing my lines.
Next Up:
As above

Update as at August 22, 2019:
its hardly an update, being my first post, but anyhow. I'm not knowledgeable as to how the paint pattern works, (and right now, the AC is out of NAB's, - it saves my pt's, i guess) but heres a look at some of my "whitest" NAB's to date: Note that i'm not concerned about the darker colors right now: if anything, it helps to determine the amount of "paint" there is to eliminate.

Example 01

Looks a little like a cow, but anyhow :D I like her especially as an example, because if you look at her progeny, its pretty easy to see the four generations, each sired by an AC Nab.
Example 02

Example 03

Love her dapple, but she hasnt thrown me anything "useful" yet.
Example 04

This one makes me chuckle :D she looks like she's got a black eye!
Example 05

This one isnt as advanced as the rest, but I like watching her progress, since she game from a non-paint Grandmother
Example 06

Just for her color..

Think these are pretty much all from one of the 3 "Strains" that i talked about... the most advanced one. I'll just update this post, rather than making another one, the next time I update this project.
Last edited by Royale Ranch on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote: [horse=2084430"]Example 01[/horse].
Two things, fix your example 01 so that it shows the horse. :D

And I forgot to let you know, that although the paint genes work a lot like the leopard complex genes (fill the cup to overflow = extends the pattern), there is one difference that appears to be a big damper on paint versus Lp... Lp you can inbreed and nominally continue extending the pattern... but paint, you WILL need to add new blood to help extend the pattern.

But you appear to already be doing that. Just wanted to make sure you know. :mrgreen:

Very nice extensions though.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote: [horse=2084430"]Example 01[/horse].

And I forgot to let you know, that although the paint genes work a lot like the leopard complex genes (fill the cup to overflow = extends the pattern), there is one difference that appears to be a big damper on paint versus Lp... Lp you can inbreed and nominally continue extending the pattern... but paint, you WILL need to add new blood to help extend the pattern.

But you appear to already be doing that. Just wanted to make sure you know. :mrgreen:

:D i think that must be my 3rd - or perhaps 4th edit to get the code right!!... some days, it just doesn't work :lol: :roll:

interesting fact you bring up there... and no, i didn't know that. :D I've also noticed with other paint genes that it appears more predominant every second generation, but that might just be my imagination...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

:D i think that must be my 3rd - or perhaps 4th edit to get the code right!!... some days, it just doesn't work :lol: :roll:

interesting fact you bring up there... and no, i didn't know that. :D I've also noticed with other paint genes that it appears more predominant every second generation, but that might just be my imagination...
I've had those days too... even days that the code won't work for me at all... but you know that! :lol: I resort to copy and paste at those times. :|

Anyway, Yes, those paint patterns you might not see as direct offspring, you might need a generation between them before the extension appears. I don't know exactly how the gene patters work, but it seems it's a little bit direct (has
a pattern) and a little indirect (must have a doubling-up for the larger pattern).
What you'll actually be doing, is finding those largest patterns and overlapping them. Unlike Lp, where the expression is expanded out, the paint is actually over-layered.

I do remember that others that have traveled down your walk, have had some difficulty getting the face completely covered, so expect that when you get there.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:

I've had those days too... even days that the code won't work for me at all... but you know that! :lol: I resort to copy and paste at those times. :|

Anyway, Yes, those paint patterns you might not see as direct offspring, you might need a generation between them before the extension appears. I don't know exactly how the gene patters work, but it seems it's a little bit direct (has
a pattern) and a little indirect (must have a doubling-up for the larger pattern).
What you'll actually be doing, is finding those largest patterns and overlapping them. Unlike Lp, where the expression is expanded out, the paint is actually over-layered.

I do remember that others that have traveled down your walk, have had some difficulty getting the face completely covered, so expect that when you get there.
and here i thought i was embarking on an *easy* project... lol!

well, ive got some learning... and observing to do.. no doubt, i'll be in touch ;)
Royal Training
Visit My Farm

Post by Royal Training »

HallOfFame 2 wrote: Ping
hey... sorry didnt know how else to contact you... but i'm intrigued, what are you plans for the horse you currently have for sale, named carrot?
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Royal Training wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote: Ping
hey... sorry didnt know how else to contact you... but i'm intrigued, what are you plans for the horse you currently have for sale, named carrot?
To keep her and breed her. Why do you ask?

~ HOF 2
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Royal Training wrote:

~ HOF 2
:D no particular reason.. just doing a bit of 'research' on turks, and noticed her there.. just a bit rare to see a foundation horse trained like that (not that there is anything wrong with that at all)

and of course if it was unwanted i was going to see how much you wanted... but dont worry because im not really ready to buy any yet :D all the best with her!
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Royale Ranch wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
:D no particular reason.. just doing a bit of 'research' on turks, and noticed her there.. just a bit rare to see a foundation horse trained like that (not that there is anything wrong with that at all)

and of course if it was unwanted i was going to see how much you wanted... but dont worry because im not really ready to buy any yet :D all the best with her!

eek - sorry was just browsing in the sales forum and realized you had already spoken about her there! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:17 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:17 am