The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Closed :)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: {TM} Farm Log

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

Shires

My very first Shire was born today :D

I've got plenty of crosses necessary, so I've been working on breeding my first few Shires :)

Thoroughbreds

My favorite Thoroughbreds right now:

Despite only having 53 speed, this handsome guy has run a 2:03.68 in level 10 local shows and also performs well in racing competitions against 60+ speed competitors.

Love this pretty 5* Thoroughbred filly :)

My best colt currently in training :) 58 speed and the best speed comment I've gotten so far: "Your colt is the fastest thing on four legs I've ever seen!" It is the fourth best speed comment according to this forum. I love the tiger stripes on his legs too <3

I'm also loving this black dun mare with blue eyes :) She's got three stockings, and I really like her build and short mane and tail (as of 4 yrs, 9 months).
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

Shires

I've got quite a collection of Shires now, including this 59 strength guy I'm training myself:

Other Shires:

41 strength

52 strength

47 strength

45 strength

My first second generation Shire with 45 strength :)

Thoroughbreds

I have moved all my Thoroughbreds to my training account. This project is probably going to progress a little slower now since my main focus will be on my main account with my Shires and two new projects.

New

I have started breeding grinders to train and sell to the public. I will have a forum on this once I have several grinders to sell. Edit: Here it is: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 15&t=14767

I will also be doing a small project with vallers, so that is going to take up room on my farm as well :) I won't be neglecting my TBs, hopefully :P But like I said, my project with vallers will be my main priority right now, followed by the grinders and Shires.
Last edited by h a z e l on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

So I found out from Champi0nBr66der that the body type required for the discipline log pull is very heavy. Unfortunately, in the Shire book the breed's body type is only allowed up to heavy. I am probably going to have to pick another discipline for my Shires or ignore the book and breed them very heavy. Haven't decided quite yet what to do. I'll probably start breeding them very heavy, after all, in real life Shires are the biggest and heaviest draft breeds.

I am also working on breeding the Deli with vallers. My grinders are going pretty bad. The first one I trained did awful in local shows and was rehomed. I am currently working on training a filly. The mares I'm using tend to throw average to bad foals. I have hardly been able to log on to my training account to work on my Thoroughbreds as well. Basically, my luck is really not going well right now :lol: :lol:
Last edited by h a z e l on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

Since I have completely run out of room on my holding and training account and my breeding account is also pretty full, I've had to make some new decisions about what to do with my farm. I will be ending my Shire project and downsizing my Grinder project as well. It was a tough decision to move on from my Shires, after all, I had just started out with them. But to be honest, I found little to no enjoyment in breeding them. I really miss my TBs (They've been sitting untouched on my training account for a while). Also, if I wanted to breed Shires according to the book, I couldn't go for the log pull world records and that is what I wanted to do in the first place. So anyway, here is what I will be focusing on now:

Thoroughbreds

TBs will always be my main project. Even though I've only been working with them for about a month, I can say I never tire of waiting excitedly for new foals or training a new upcoming colt. I really, really love racers. I want to introduce roan to my lines, keep socks and stockings and hopefully introduce face markings, and also bring up speed confos and better breeders comments.

Quarter Horses

I am really excited about trying out these guys. I ride a QH mare in real life and ride in rodeos with her. I'm wanting to breed barrel racing Quarter Horses in game and go for the barrel racing world records. I've thought about doing this for a while and now I'm going to make it happen. I may or may not stick with this project, but I still want to try it out.

Grinders

I'll probably move this project to my training account and work on it there. I also won't have to downsize if I move it.

Project with Vallers

Currently, I'm breeding West African Barbs from scratch and that project will remain here on my breeding account until I'm done with it.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

I've started on my Quarter Horses :D

I considered breeding them totally from scratch from the AC but that would be extremely difficult and take months. I would have to breed several breeds before I finally got to the QH. I will probably grab horses off the market required for the QH breed recipe and breed a QH that way eventually, but as of right now, I just bought two mares off the market, both bred by jenny33:

I also brought over this guy I bred from my side:

And bred the mares to him. I may cross the results with my TBs to introduce lighter builds and higher speed, who knows. This project is still every much up in the air.
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundering Horses »

You are soooo cool!!!!!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Kelly.overheul95 wrote:You are soooo cool!!!!!
Thank you :)
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm

Awhile ago you bought my horse http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1603641 her name was shadow a forest horse mare. I love to see what you had given her. Thank you!!!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Kelly.overheul95 wrote:Awhile ago you bought my horse http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1603641 her name was shadow a forest horse mare. I love to see what you had given her. Thank you!!!
I'm sorry, what do you mean? :?
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm

I love what you do.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm