The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

[SFH] Aela's Breeding Project [SFH]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Aela
Visit My Farm

Re: [SFH] Aela's Breeding Project [SFH]

Post by Aela »

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Aela wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, and congrats on your Danish Warmbloods, they're pretty! ^~^
Thanks a lot! :D
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Knabstrupper goal is in sight!
After 40 differen Frederiksborg x Spanish Barbs, I finally got one!
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1658667

Now I only need to add an LP/PATN-combo to the breed. My current idea is to create a mixed breed horse with a desirably pattern, and then breed back to the Knab(s). It'll likely take about 7 generations, but I expect it'll take more time due the fact that I need them to pass on both LP and PATN

The Welsh Mountains for the Jutland project are also killing me. I'm on about 40 horses here as well - I've got two Exmoor x Arabians that are 5*, but the Hackney x Thoroughbreds are much trickier. The best I have so far is 2* in height and build. Body type will be difficult; they're way too "horsey". At best, they are 15% above the goal of 60% horse type

Edit: Welshies are no longer killing me! Got my first filly
Realistic Breed Project

Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Knapstruppers are done!

It took 168 horses to finally get a full Knab with the sort of extended LP pattern I wanted! I was right that it would probably take more than 7 generations; the Knab I have added to this post has 14 generations of spotted horses in his pedigree. At least I now understand quite a bit about how LP works in this game ;)

The end of my original Danish Breed project is in sight. Only the Jutland is left (where I'm still stuck on Welsh Mountains. I'm breeding them towards raising body size to fit the requirement of Welsh Cobs).

After that, I'm taking a break.
Jk no I'm not - I think I'll start two simultaneous projects with Icelandics and Fjords. Both of these are super easy breeds to create, so my main focus will be on heavy dilution for the Fjords and big manes and tails for the Iceys
Realistic Breed Project

Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Yes, yes, yes! Finally a Welsh Cob!

It's taken a little over a month, 221 horses and a lot of generations increasing body size and type.

Now I'm one step closer to the Jutlands
Realistic Breed Project

Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

My first two Jutlands have finally arrived!

I want the final one to have a shorter back, feathers, flaxen and a bit of pangaré, so I'll be crossing these two guys with Belgian mares until I get the desired purebreed. Super happy it finally happened though! :D
Realistic Breed Project

Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Jutland finally done!

Introducing flaxen took around 166 horses, because it's recessive. I ditched the pangaré half way through. Partly because it isn't always present in the IRL breed, but also because I just didn't want to struggle with it for another month or so ;)

The entire Danish Breed Project is now done! Whew, break time for me.
Realistic Breed Project

Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

How are Oldenburgs going?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 pm