The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

【ℤA】Breeding Standards

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

【ℤA】Breeding Standards

Post by Ziel »

【ℤiel’s Acres Breeding Standards】
ℤiel's Acres is a breeding and training facility with the main goal of bettering the breeds we work with by producing healthy, attractive, well-rounded animals. All breeds we work with are held to strict standards as their projects progress, and only our very best are permitted to breed. Any horses born that don’t improve in quality will either be sold immediately, or trained up to ensure a steady stream of income for our facility.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————

【Currently Working With】
Friesians: Same as【RHBR】 - Also aiming for high stats and movement.
Gypsy Vanners: Same as【RHBR】 - Also aiming for high stats and movement.

Belgians: Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation. May change to aiming for real-life breed appearance, but currently they’re mainly show-earners.

Arabians: Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation. May change to aiming for real-life breed appearance, but currently they’re mainly show-earners.

Andalusians: Breeding project for elissa.lavoie. Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation.
Last edited by Ziel on Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Breeding Standards

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Ziel wrote:【ℤiel’s Acres Breeding Standards】
ℤiel's Acres is a breeding and training facility with the main goal of bettering the breeds we work with by producing healthy, attractive, well-rounded animals. All breeds we work with are held to strict standards as their projects progress, and only our very best are permitted to breed. Any horses born that don’t improve in quality will either be sold immediately, or trained up to ensure a steady stream of income for our facility. Please note that we often achieve improvement in the breeds through outcrossing, so we have many mixed and part bred animals.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————

【Currently Working With】
Belgians: Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation. May change to aiming for real-life breed appearance, but currently they’re mainly show-earners.

Arabians: Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation. May change to aiming for real-life breed appearance, but currently they’re mainly show-earners.

Andalusians: Breeding project for elissa.lavoie. Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation.

Tarpans: Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation. NO REDS! Outcrossing was previously used to raise strength + movement stats, and may be used again if they become an issue.

Przewalskis: Aiming for purebred horses with high stats and breed evaluation. NO REDS! Outcrossing was previously used to raise movement stats, and may be used again if they become an issue.

Friesians: Aiming for horses that conform to real-life breed appearance. Also aiming for high stats and movement.
  • Friesians should be 14hh to 17hh, of horse type with a medium light to medium heavy body, and with legs of medium bone.
  • They should have long and thick manes and tails, as well as medium feathering.
  • The shoulder should be long and sloped.
  • The head should be of similar length to the shoulder, with a straight profile and medium to shallow jowls.
  • The neck should be as long as or longer than the shoulder.
  • The back should be at minimum 1+1/3 the length of the shoulder.
  • The ribs should be medium to deep, with a medium flank.
  • They should be built slightly uphill with long, round hips and a low-set tail.
  • Coat should be pure black.
Gypsy Vanners: Aiming for horses that conform to real-life breed appearance. Also aiming for high stats and movement.
  • Gypsies should be 15.1hh to 16.2hh, of pony type with a medium to heavy body, and with legs of medium to medium thick bone.
  • They should have long and thick manes, tails, and feathers.
  • The shoulder should be long and sloped.
  • Their head should be about 2/3rds the length of the shoulder, with a straight or slightly convex profile and thick jowls.
  • Their necks and backs should be the same length as the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
  • Their ribs and flank should be deep.
  • They should be built slightly downhill, with a long, round hip and low-set tail.
  • Coat can be any color, although I am aiming for “attractive, unique” Tobiano coats.
I have quite a few fine Arabians, here's some of my pastures of them (a few of my Arabians are at my side account, Summer Ranch):
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/85635
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/95957
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/92394

Here's one of my best Arabians:

Crusader

Here's what my Arabian standards are:

1. Height: 14.2 to 15.2 hands
2. 4 or 5 Evaluation, 5 is more valued and preferred
3. Genetic Potential: must be at least 50k (50,000)
4. Colors: Can't be any dilutions (no dun, buckskin, palomino, perlino, amber, and/or champagne). Can be brown, bay, chestnut, black, or gray.
5. Face: short dished face. Jowl must be somewhat thick.
6. Shoulders and withers: sloping shoulders, low shoulder point.
7. Legs: legs must be long and can't be too thick
8. Body build: must be very light to light horse type
9. Temperament: calm, bombproof, or spirited
10. Neck: must be long but can't be too awkwardly long but cant be too awkwardly short, must fit with the body.
11. Rib cage: must be deep
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 am