The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Constellation Arabians - The Heavy Arabian Bloodstock

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Constellation Arabians - The Heavy Arabian Bloodstock

Post by BlackOak2 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Okay, just curious. I've been looking for some good Arabian stallions, though lighter ones, to go with one of my many favorite Arabian mares:
If you're looking for lighter arab stock, these definitely aren't for you. These are pony-style for favoring heavier body styles. They're a very far cry from the super-light arabians and specifically are for those that want to breed the heavier horse breeds that are bred from the arabian.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Okay, just curious. I've been looking for some good Arabian stallions, though lighter ones, to go with one of my many favorite Arabian mares:
If you're looking for lighter arab stock, these definitely aren't for you. These are pony-style for favoring heavier body styles. They're a very far cry from the super-light arabians and specifically are for those that want to breed the heavier horse breeds that are bred from the arabian.
Though I do have a Friesian that I'm hoping to get a bit of the Arabian looks into while trying to keep the line from going full Arabian blood and only a little Friesian blood. She's currently pregnant with a Friesian stallion. I don't know how the foal will turn out yet.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Though I do have a Friesian that I'm hoping to get a bit of the Arabian looks into while trying to keep the line from going full Arabian blood and only a little Friesian blood. She's currently pregnant with a Friesian stallion. I don't know how the foal will turn out yet.
You got it! :D
Good Luck!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This project is now open for the public. I can now take orders for the single breeding pair I have thus far produced.

What this project is especially handy for is quests for the following breeds (all of which have a body score starting at 25), all of these are made from using an arabian parent, but there are more that are made from these breeds that favor heavier body styles as well:
Alter-Real
Araboulonnais
Ariegeois
Avelignese
Beberbeck
Boulonnais
Calabrese
Camargue
Cheju
Chincoteague
Colorado Ranger
Connemara
Dartmoor
Dole Gudbrandsdal
Dole Trotter
East Bulgarian
Estonian Native
Frederiksburg
Freiberg
Friesian
Garrano
Gelderlander
Haflinger
Hessian Warmblood
Highland Pony
Java
Landais
Lundy
Malopolski
Mangalarga Paulista
Manipuri Pony
Misaki Pony
Murgese
Mustang
Nigerian
Nonius
Nooitgedacht Pony
Poney Francais de Selle
Pottock
Pozan
Sable Island Pony
San Fratellano
Spiti
Swedish Warmblood
West African Barb
Westphalian
Wielkopolski
Wurttemburger
Zhemaichu

This project is also especially handy for offering heavier leanings toward herds that favor too much light-type.
To figure out if your line has inherited enough heavy-favoring genes: the grand-foal should favor the heavier parent and not the lighter parent.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:I really don't want to hijack this thread :oops: , but do you think you could breed a similar foal for me BlackOak? That's totally ok if not, just curious :) I've been trying for heavier type Arabians for a while now, and a foal like Steinbockin's would be super helpful! :)
We'll move this over to this thread, after all, this is where it should be for my sales of the heavy arabian.

Take a look at the first page for basic pricing and then answer this for me as well:

I can produce super heavy type and size near 100/100 Pony, so do you want a medium type nearer 50/50 Pony, a mid-way type closer to 75/75 Pony or one much closer to the top end 100/100 Pony. Of course, I'm not guaranteeing getting exact size and types, but certain broods and studs will give me certain types more often.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:I really don't want to hijack this thread :oops: , but do you think you could breed a similar foal for me BlackOak? That's totally ok if not, just curious :) I've been trying for heavier type Arabians for a while now, and a foal like Steinbockin's would be super helpful! :)
We'll move this over to this thread, after all, this is where it should be for my sales of the heavy arabian.

Take a look at the first page for basic pricing and then answer this for me as well:

I can produce super heavy type and size near 100/100 Pony, so do you want a medium type nearer 50/50 Pony, a mid-way type closer to 75/75 Pony or one much closer to the top end 100/100 Pony. Of course, I'm not guaranteeing getting exact size and types, but certain broods and studs will give me certain types more often.
You haven't yet been back online since my last post.

But I popped another.

She comes from a pair of smaller arabians out of this same project (it just so happens that's who she as bred to when I froze the project).

She is a nice looking chestnut girl however.
She'll end up being somewhere just below 10hh. So, short girl.
Her size and type are: 88.2/62 Pony
And registers as Medium Heavy.

I'm sending her over to boarding. I'll need to hear something within a week.

Anyway, please let me know if you have more specific requirements or if she'll fit what you want.
If she does, her price is a flat 10k.
If not, we'll talk about pricing (if applicable) and your requirements.

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

But I popped another.

She comes from a pair of smaller arabians out of this same project (it just so happens that's who she as bred to when I froze the project).

Anyway, please let me know if you have more specific requirements or if she'll fit what you want.

Thank you very much BlackOak, I really appreciate it :)
I'd love to have her!!
I would love it if you could breed me a few more as well :) My requirements:
Build medium light to medium
40% to 60% body size
60% horse type to 62% pony type
I can use this filly easily to cross with my lighter Arab stallions, and honestly I can use any other Arabians that are heavier than my requirements as well :)
Thank you again, this is a huge help! :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

But I popped another.

I'd love to have her!!
40% to 60% body size
I can use this filly easily to cross with my lighter Arab stallions, and honestly I can use any other Arabians that are heavier than my requirements as well :)
Okay.
This stock won't produce medium light foals. When they do, I cross them with AC arabians and the foals from such a cross favor the light and very light body style of the arabian again (so in reality, it's a failure).

I should be able to produce medium pony style fairly regularly. Usually either the size or the type will come in much heavier then the other (so if the size is about 50, the type will end up being 75 Pony).
I'll pull over a couple mares and start processing.

You will need to let me know how many. I can only board a very limited number, so I'll be aging these foals to about a year before boarding (it saves on room when I keep them with me).

Each foal produced will be 10k.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
I'd love to have her!!
40% to 60% body size
Okay.
This stock won't produce medium light foals. When they do, I cross them with AC arabians and the foals from such a cross favor the light and very light body style of the arabian again (so in reality, it's a failure).

I should be able to produce medium pony style fairly regularly. Usually either the size or the type will come in much heavier then the other (so if the size is about 50, the type will end up being 75 Pony).

You will need to let me know how many. I can only board a very limited number, so I'll be aging these foals to about a year before boarding (it saves on room when I keep them with me).

Okay, I understand :) Thanks for letting me know!
I'm perfectly fine with the pony type- I'm sure they will work out fine in the end :) I'm trying to make an East Bulgarian if you're curious :)
I want to thank you for offering them at such an affordable price :) Would it be too much to ask for 9 others besides the filly you first linked? :)
Thanks again!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Okay.

Okay, I understand :) Thanks for letting me know!
I'm perfectly fine with the pony type- I'm sure they will work out fine in the end :) I'm trying to make an East Bulgarian if you're curious :)
I want to thank you for offering them at such an affordable price :) Would it be too much to ask for 9 others besides the filly you first linked? :)
Thanks again!
9 it will be then.

The price is where it is right now, because I haven't yet started the phase where I add in some high HGP blood. Although they're a heavy-favoring arabian, they are no better then an AC. Thus the price in my opinion, is only fair right now to stay low... that and it also helps those doing quests that don't have a bunch of monies to spend with the fact that I don't have studs available just yet.

East Bulgarian...
Anglo-Arabian x Arabian to Thoroughbred
15.2-16.3hh
40-60 Size
60H-60P Type

Considering all three of those mixes are relatively light, you will need all the heavy-favoring help you can get! :D

My suggestion, IF you find you have difficulty with creating this breed (and you can prepare this horse early), is to take one of the heavy arabs and create a medium grade, then by breeding a half breed of the anglo and the Tb, it should be enough to get that East Bulgarian. But... it's only if you have difficulty. Most times (when I use my own stock for some of these quests), I have found that I didn't need to do that, the quest horse popped right out with little extra effort.

I'll let you know with each foal is dropped.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm