Community Forum

Sawd10's Farm Log (Log 1)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Sawd10's Farm Log (Log 1)

Post by Sawd10 »

Hello. I have started up this Farm Log because, well- It's a Farm Log, which those are fun to have but also because I want to track my progress, in which for some to read, but also for help. Now, this is Log 1 (Which is kind of like day 1, but I cannot do it everyday - So that is why I call it Log 1). So, let's begin!

I like the Drafts- A lot. I have always liked them In Real Life, too.
I also like the Thoroughbreds, also because they make lots of money. So, I have decided I think I want to do Drafts and some Thoroughbreds.
to start my Drafts, I have decided to make a Dutch Draft, first. I already have a Belgian Ardennais Stallion. I need an Ardennais mare/filly. (I don't really care if it is a mare or filly). I am not picky. I just have one thing. I don't want a horse that has the saying "Cripes!" LOL my sister has what I call " The Curse", where she Always gets adoption horses at the start that always have Cripes. Then, she breeds them. The baby has cripes!!! XD I don't want that to happen on my farm.

So, please Ping me if you have a mare or filly or you can breed one for me. (Or Dutch Draft but I kind of want to do that myself). Nextly, I have a question...
What does COI do? I think it is bad, but I don't know what it does! Please Ping me if reply if you can tell me.
I am also looking for a Thoroughbred Stallion.
Ping me if you have one for sale.

Now, that is what I want, and my plan for my farm.
What do you think this Stallion is worth? (Just wondering) http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1958321

Also, could someone tell me the answer to this? I have been trying to get an answer...
Can you make a Horse a Grand Champion, etc. In one show? Or did they all have to be in different shows?
I don't think this first lot is really an actual log. But the next coming ones will be. Tune in for them! Thank you! :P Bye.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Sawd10's Farm Log (Log 1)

Post by BlackOak2 »

Sawd10 wrote:Hello. I have started up this Farm Log because, well- It's a Farm Log, which those are fun to have but also because I want to track my progress, in which for some to read, but also for help. Now, this is Log 1 (Which is kind of like day 1, but I cannot do it everyday - So that is why I call it Log 1). So, let's begin!

I like the Drafts- A lot. I have always liked them In Real Life, too.
I also like the Thoroughbreds, also because they make lots of money. So, I have decided I think I want to do Drafts and some Thoroughbreds.
to start my Drafts, I have decided to make a Dutch Draft, first. I already have a Belgian Ardennais Stallion. I need an Ardennais mare/filly. (I don't really care if it is a mare or filly). I am not picky. I just have one thing. I don't want a horse that has the saying "Cripes!" LOL my sister has what I call " The Curse", where she Always gets adoption horses at the start that always have Cripes. Then, she breeds them. The baby has cripes!!! XD I don't want that to happen on my farm.

So, please Ping me if you have a mare or filly or you can breed one for me. (Or Dutch Draft but I kind of want to do that myself). Nextly, I have a question...
What does COI do? I think it is bad, but I don't know what it does! Please Ping me if reply if you can tell me.
I am also looking for a Thoroughbred Stallion.
Ping me if you have one for sale.

Now, that is what I want, and my plan for my farm.
What do you think this Stallion is worth? (Just wondering) http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1958321

Also, could someone tell me the answer to this? I have been trying to get an answer...
Can you make a Horse a Grand Champion, etc. In one show? Or did they all have to be in different shows?
I don't think this first lot is really an actual log. But the next coming ones will be. Tune in for them! Thank you! :P Bye.
So I'll tackle your direct questions.
COI has been covered quite a bit all over the place, so I've moved this question and the direct answer into the quickstart newbie guide: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... inbreeding

If you have further or different questions regarding COI, let us know.

As for horse worth, it comes down to a number of different responses. One person's billion dollar horse is worthless to another. Take a look at this guide to help define what your horse might be worth: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 12&t=15900

He has high HGP, generally random conformation scores, five golds and one green, all positive comments. These are his positives.
His negatives are fairly high COI (for an arabian that we can get from the AC and with over 65 thousand population here on HWO, I see this as distinctively high COI, but my opinion may differ from another), an incomplete competition record or a competition record showing merely adequate performance in a specialized category (personally I look for 70% wps record or better), none of his offspring appear to be competitive or specialized. Nor does he appear to come from a competitive line.

These are just the blatantly obvious things I see. Each person is looking for something different. Somebody might be looking for a pure arab stud with super high HGP and won't care about COI or performance and might end up paying 100k to breed to him. Another may pass him up for the same reasons.
It comes down to what they're looking for and what makes your horse distinct. I cover all that in the stud and sale ad help guide I linked.

Now as for grand champion. I don't think it's possible to make a horse into a grand champion in one competition. It is possible to make a champion in 4 competitions, I do that often enough with my competition line. I think my best for making a grand champion is somewhere right around 15 competitions. I don't remember exactly, I don't keep those types of records and it comes down to the type of horse's you've entered yours against, the level of competition you've entered and how many other horses have entered.
For example, both of these are obstacle driving, level 10 competitions:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... dition=652
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... dition=219

The first one has 11 horses entered, the second has just 5.
The first one awarded 88 points to first place while the second awarded just 40 points to that same first place.

So I would say to earn grand champion in a single competition, theoretically might be possible, if everything fell into place and a whopping number of horses entered. But it's highly unlikely.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Post by MerrySmile »

I would pay $75,000 for him if I needed that kind of horse.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Thank you very much, BlackOak2 and MerrySmile. That is very helpful. :)
Become a Patron!