The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

N4 Neons Little Ponies

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Re: N4 Neons Little Ponies

Post by Neon4 »

I am glad to announce that I have successfully bred a small grey pony for my line! She's not perfect, she's not cute or fluffy, but she is grey and she is only 16" tall. Here she is:

N4 Lingering Twilight
Last edited by Neon4 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

Finally after 19 game years of trying and failing,
I have finally bred into my line,
my very first
Silver Dapple!

I am very excited about this, as I have been trying for a long time now. This filly is a bit big, but she will do, and hopefully produce some Silver Dapple offspring of her own!

Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

:D Congratulations on both lovely females.

Little gray mare does have cute feathering! Interesting, too, how she started out chestnut and still has red points. Suggested names "Afterglow" or "Lingering Twilight"

N4 Fortune Spots is beautiful and certainly carries Silver Dapple! I'll look at her as she ages.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

Xant’hippe wrote::D Congratulations on both lovely females.

Little gray mare does have cute feathering! Interesting, too, how she started out chestnut and still has red points. Suggested names "Afterglow" or "Lingering Twilight"

N4 Fortune Spots is beautiful and certainly carries Silver Dapple! I'll look at her as she ages.
Thanks for the comments!
I love both those names, although, there is only one horse so I can only pick one.
I just recently found another Silver Dapple colt that somehow slipped past me without noticing... this is slightly embarrassing... Here he is: And this massive filly was also born, as part of my attempt to add both grey and dapple. I thought she'd have the chance to develop at least of of those traits, but it seems that she has both.

Due to her being so big, I might not breed from her, but I'll see I guess.
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

N4 Smoke Shrouded ... ooh, I want him for at least 1 of my mares! Please consider making him available for public breeding. He's gorgeous and his BR is better than typical Shetland.

"Penumbra" meaning the edge of a shadow (often used in describing lunar eclipses) could be a nice name for his dam.

BIG filly must take after her dam's side. If you don't want her I'm sure there would be buyers, myself among them.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

Xant’hippe wrote:N4 Smoke Shrouded ... ooh, I want him for at least 1 of my mares! Please consider making him available for public breeding. He's gorgeous and his BR is better than typical Shetland.

"Penumbra" meaning the edge of a shadow (often used in describing lunar eclipses) could be a nice name for his dam.

BIG filly must take after her dam's side. If you don't want her I'm sure there would be buyers, myself among them.
I will put him up for stud, of course!

Thanks for the name ideas I named the mare you suggested, I think it is a beautiful name and it really suits her.

I will see how the filly turns out, I might breed her a couple times and then sell her. The only problem is, i've tried to sell horses better and prettier than her, and no-one ever buys them, so they have to be re-homed.

I noticed you have a few champions in In-hand Jumping there, would you be willing to help me to get my own ponies to do that well? I really have no idea how horses whose breeders reports seem not as good, and whom have less training, get higher placings. It makes to sense!

An example of this is my stallion N4 Sugarcube, who has a not-so-good BR and who has little training, ALWAYS places higher than my other stallion N4 Apple Crumble who has a much better BR and who has more training.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

:D Noticed Sugarcube and Apple Crumble in recent contests. If you keep training them, it is entirely possible for them to earn championships.

Bless me and Xan if we (I: two accounts) can figure the judging out either. :? Sometimes I think the computer has maybe a little more randomness in its programming than we expect. Or that there are factors which Admin does not fully explain. :P If everything were predictable, we'd get bored.

In general: wisdom of Argent II is train, train, train*! I agree and note that in general the best trained get the higher places ... however, stats also matter.**

Anyway, it looks like you know the judged traits for In-Hand Jumping: Intelligence, Agility, Strength, and Stamina. I don't think it tells anywhere what the weighting for each is, but the order is significant: Int is most important, then Agi and Str. Sta probably doesn't mean an awful lot because so many AC Shetlands win at this event with less than good Sta.

Agility and Intelligence are both enhanced by working on the Trail (this takes much more energy than the Arena, so allow for that and increasing Fatigue as well). Cantering increases Agility and Strength. Working longer increases Stamina. Aside from that, each type of exercise has its own characteristics.

That said, please enjoy your ponies! :mrgreen: They're an important reminder to me that a lot of the fun here is in doing what you think is beautiful.

Best wishes,
Scythian (and Xant’hippe)

* I just don't have the patience to train for many years of the horse's life before entering. I like to watch development.

** Thing is, the Breeder's Report comments are far from exact. Also, the Conformation numbers ... eeh, Admin once told us that good CR does not "improve" BR but that a low CR number reduces the quality. Example, my mare Furiosa has an "average" strength comment and looks powerful, but her CR number is low. Consequently she has not done as well in some strength-related events as I expected. The CR system has been modified in recent months. Not sure exactly if and how it works with or against the BR any more. Would appreciate more hard data on this from ADMIN.
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

Suggestions for the big dappled filly: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/459136

"Snowflakes are Dancing" could be a good name.

If you want to sell her, please add a message in this thread. She is worth 4 figures right now, more with successful competition OR good-looking offspring! I look at the boards most days. :)
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

Xant’hippe wrote:.
Scythian wrote:.
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it, and I am a huge fan of your ponies Scythian, they do so well in the in-hand jumping competitions. I think most of the time it it just me and you entering them though! :D

I just wish i was brave enough to get an upgraded account so I can see the conformation. I think what is stopping me is that i might buy it and then life will get in the way and I wont be able to be on here often enough to really enjoy being upgraded and then before I know it, it will have ended and I won't have enough PT to get another month.
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

At the moment it looks as if we're the only ones, but that can change any time.

BTW, that tiny Arabian I referred to in the August 6 post (not gray but gorgeous), GCh. Toy Prince has his major success in In-Hand. I bred my best Shetland, Eloquent Dancer, to him. And I'm keeping a new mare, Cappucina, open for Smoke Shrouded. Maybe I will have another one available by the time he's 3.

Best wishes! :D more later, Xant’hippe
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm