The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

❰ ℙalewood ❱

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
voidirium
Visit My Farm

❰ ℙalewood ❱

Post by voidirium »

❰ ℙalewood ❱

This breeding center was formed around the Hackney and Hackney Pony and aims to produce the most prestigious stock of hackneys on the website. We seek to introduce leg feathering in the Hackney gene pool while still meeting Hackney Horse and Pony standards.

- To produce animals with positive starts in, Movement, Balance, Strength, Tempo
- To produce at least one green stat within those.
- Keep COIs to below 20%
- Produce color on the blue or gary side of the spectrum.
- Introduce Friesian and/or Belgian genetics into the gene pool for added structure and leg feathering.

Later I will consider branching out to other breeds, preferably other gaited kinds, such as the ASB and Dutch Harness.
voidirium
Visit My Farm

Re: ❰ ℙalewood ❱

Post by voidirium »

The first hackney we picked up was Spritzer, from Riverside Ranch.

She's pretty bright but fairly weak, which unfortunately is not suited towards Driven Dressage, the division Hackneys are known for.

We studded her out to ADTR's Royal Grey to produce a foal we dubbed "Royal Spirit".

He is now of nearly 3 years of age and has been trained in Driven Dressage from an early age, doing pretty well.
Far from having perfect form, however. We plan to purchase a partially-hackney mare for him, or to attempt to produce one for him from an Arabian x Norfolk Trotter.
DarkYuan
Visit My Farm

Post by DarkYuan »

Hey, I just joined the site a week ago. Our goals are the same! I've also chosen Hackneys to go after, although I'll be doing it at my own pace, starting some new blood from a Thoroughbred. Check out the beaut I bought just a couple days ago: I want to make a feathered palomino Hackney eventually. Keep me updated, so when I get closer, we might combine bloodlines! :D
DarkYuan
Visit My Farm

Post by DarkYuan »

voidirium wrote:❰ ℙalewood ❱

This breeding center was formed around the Hackney and Hackney Pony and aims to produce the most prestigious stock of hackneys on the website. We seek to introduce leg feathering in the Hackney gene pool while still meeting Hackney Horse and Pony standards.
Oops, forgot to tag you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 pm