The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Silverwood Ranch ~ Breeding Icelandics, and too many other breeds!

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
CodeZero
Visit My Farm

Silverwood Ranch ~ Breeding Icelandics, and too many other breeds!

Post by CodeZero »

Silverwood Ranch
Having just come back from an extra long hiatus, I have decided to return to my (way too many) projects of eventually establishing lines of Newfoundland Ponies, Thoroughbreds, Icelandics, Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, Paints, Mustangs, and probably a few other random breeds that I might end up adoring.

I would like to breed most of my lines from horses from the store without using lines from other people, but I think I'll end up breaking and purchasing a few to keep down inbreeding. I will, at the very least, probably use some outside studs.

Anyway, without further ado, I have created a word document with all of the necessary crosses I need to obtain all of my end goals. For the first generation, we will be focusing on:

Mongolians: [Przewalski Horse x Tarpan] x Tarpan
Norwegian Fjord: Mongolian x [Przewalski Horse x Tarpan]
West African Barb: [Arabian x North African Barb] x [North African Barb x Forest Horse]

These Mongolians will then be used to create a lot of the other starter breeds, along with breeding for a Norwegian Fjord horse, which will put us just one step away from Icelandics! Those will be the first goal that I'll be trying to obtain.

We'll also be focusing on getting some West African Barbs to breed for Sorraias. These goals will be updated as I examine what is needed and make a better plan.
Last edited by CodeZero on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CodeZero
Visit My Farm

Re: Silverwood Ranch

Post by CodeZero »

I will keep as many stallions up for stud as I can, but if one is not and you would like to breed to him, let me know and I will help you out!

Stallions

Oni, Forest Horse

Restless, Arabian

Black Cloud, Tarpan x Przewalski Horse

Evening Mist, North African Barb x Forest Horse

Beau, North African Barb x Forest Horse

Illusion, Mongolian

Nuisance, Tarpan

Wings, Half Forest Horse
Last edited by CodeZero on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CodeZero
Visit My Farm

Re: Silverwood Ranch ~ Breeding Icelandics, and too many other breeds!

Post by CodeZero »

So, I will be breeding a handful of mares. All of my mares will be bred with their first by at least six years of age, and I will try to get approximately four foals from each one. Now, most of these mares have already been bred, but I will not be including previous foals in this amount.

The breedings this time are:

Summer Eclipse x Restless

Moon Dancer x Black Cloud

Unity x Illusion

Miracle x Restless

Amber x Illusion
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm