The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Guide request???

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Re: Guide request???

Post by Tjigra »

If that was a simple proportion of leg length vs body length, and that was the only thing that makes the difference between horse type and pony type, then the range of % for the type wouldn't overlap, it would be like, for example, everything up to 65% is pony, and everything over is horse.
Yet it doesn't work that way. There is a 79% pony type a few posts ago, 17+ hh at that. Most of my horse types are 80+%, okay, yet I do have a 67% horse type, currently 12.1hh, and will mature at no more than 13hh. (a bit tricky to get a link on the phone, if you want to see him, there is Justin C at my Youngster pasture). The % for the type do overlap, height of the horses doesn't help, and, while trying to breed for a recipe, you can easily end up with correct type in %, but totally wrong by name. So there should be more to define horse vs pony type than just the leg length vs body length, and I still don't get it.
Fuscontidox
Visit My Farm

Post by Fuscontidox »

THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was talking about with my problem with the horse vs pony but it's not easy to explain.

And honestly, @argent, not to be rude, but that's.. Sorta the purpose of a chart or a diagram or a those types of things, that's why they have a section for people to post it as guides to help one another because they WANT to not because they have to do it. I am having trouble figuring it out myself and pin pointing it, you don't have to do it, it's a request, an option not a necessity nor did anyone request it of you specifically To do so. ._. People make them because they want to, if I happen to figure it out and stuff before someone else posts a chart for everyone to follow by, then I would gladly type it all out for everyone if it helps anyone else with these kind of projects like mine.

Btw, uhm.... I'm not sure what you mean by every combination, I only want the types chart .-. That's the portion that leaves out combinations or even remotely allows for genetics and going into the gene pool depth.
I'm not quite sure what I may be saying that could be misleading what I'm requesting, but I'm sorry if I seem to be some how confusing.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Tjigra wrote:If that was a simple proportion of leg length vs body length, and that was the only thing that makes the difference between horse type and pony type, then the range of % for the type wouldn't overlap, it would be like, for example, everything up to 65% is pony, and everything over is horse.
Yet it doesn't work that way. There is a 79% pony type a few posts ago, 17+ hh at that. Most of my horse types are 80+%, okay, yet I do have a 67% horse type, currently 12.1hh, and will mature at no more than 13hh. (a bit tricky to get a link on the phone, if you want to see him, there is Justin C at my Youngster pasture). The % for the type do overlap, height of the horses doesn't help, and, while trying to breed for a recipe, you can easily end up with correct type in %, but totally wrong by name. So there should be more to define horse vs pony type than just the leg length vs body length, and I still don't get it.
They don't overlap.... The scale goes 100% horse <----> 50 horse/50 pony <----> 100% pony.
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Now that finally makes sense. Thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am