The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Most effective way to train

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Most effective way to train

Post by Psycho0912 »

Hi,

Can someone tell me (long or short) what the most effective way to train is? I'm busy training horses, but some things raise very fast and some just won't, so which exercises do I have to do so it's the most effective? And is there a difference for the different ages? And which food is the best to give?

Psycho0912 :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Most effective way to train

Post by BlackOak2 »

Psycho0912 wrote:Hi,

Can someone tell me (long or short) what the most effective way to train is? I'm busy training horses, but some things raise very fast and some just won't, so which exercises do I have to do so it's the most effective? And is there a difference for the different ages? And which food is the best to give?

This is generally accepted to be the fastest training regime. I'm sure some of us have slightly more specific regimes, but they still follow the same basic design. Train stamina first and in doing so, you can train more in a single day, which makes training faster.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=6285

As for ages and foods...
Training a newborn through about 2 years, gets difficult sometimes because they won't eat enough to refill their energy. But training at any age otherwise doesn't change how fast they'll learn. I've noticed slight differences between some horses (some will learn some skills just slightly faster than some others, I attribute this to the intelligence stat and the stat affected, but it could have more to do with player training instead), but they all seem to max out with my training regime within a month of each other (so no real difference in the long run).
If you're training really young, or difficult energy-refill horses, put them on a supplemental diet of corn. This should be plenty for them to fully regain energy. I have even had success in refilling energy to optimum when the horse needed to loose weight and have forced weight loss while still refilling energy to max.

In my regime, stamina training takes about two-thirds of my entire program and everything else trains up during that last third. So it makes a huge difference and is very important to train stamina first.
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Re: Most effective way to train

Post by Psycho0912 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Psycho0912 wrote:Hi,

This is generally accepted to be the fastest training regime. I'm sure some of us have slightly more specific regimes, but they still follow the same basic design. Train stamina first and in doing so, you can train more in a single day, which makes training faster.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=6285

As for ages and foods...
Training a newborn through about 2 years, gets difficult sometimes because they won't eat enough to refill their energy. But training at any age otherwise doesn't change how fast they'll learn. I've noticed slight differences between some horses (some will learn some skills just slightly faster than some others, I attribute this to the intelligence stat and the stat affected, but it could have more to do with player training instead), but they all seem to max out with my training regime within a month of each other (so no real difference in the long run).
If you're training really young, or difficult energy-refill horses, put them on a supplemental diet of corn. This should be plenty for them to fully regain energy. I have even had success in refilling energy to optimum when the horse needed to loose weight and have forced weight loss while still refilling energy to max.

In my regime, stamina training takes about two-thirds of my entire program and everything else trains up during that last third. So it makes a huge difference and is very important to train stamina first.
Thank you :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 am