The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

COI

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Caten
Visit My Farm

COI

Post by Caten »

Can someone tell me how the COI affects the horses?
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: COI

Post by Nazarach »

Caten wrote:Can someone tell me how the COI affects the horses?
It doesn't for now. You could say it has its advantages as a high coi means the genepool is very stable/ differs less than on horses with lower coi. Many breeders that breed for a certain type of conformation and/or color (like appaloosa, extended white blanketts or anything comparable) tend to have a rather high coi in their lines because it limits the genes to a restricted range. getting new horses with a low coi in can disrupt this pool and lead to different outlooks and/or genes.
There is talk about high Coi leading to illnesses though (like inbreeding in reality often does)in future updates, so it's up to you how you want to handle it; breeding for really low coi - which is a lot of work; breeding for high coi as it suits your purposes and often archieves goals much faster - or trying to limit it to a certain range...

does this help or are there things still not making much sense to you? :)
Caten
Visit My Farm

Re: COI

Post by Caten »

Nazarach wrote:
Caten wrote:Can someone tell me how the COI affects the horses?
It doesn't for now. You could say it has its advantages as a high coi means the genepool is very stable/ differs less than on horses with lower coi. Many breeders that breed for a certain type of conformation and/or color (like appaloosa, extended white blanketts or anything comparable) tend to have a rather high coi in their lines because it limits the genes to a restricted range. getting new horses with a low coi in can disrupt this pool and lead to different outlooks and/or genes.
There is talk about high Coi leading to illnesses though (like inbreeding in reality often does)in future updates, so it's up to you how you want to handle it; breeding for really low coi - which is a lot of work; breeding for high coi as it suits your purposes and often archieves goals much faster - or trying to limit it to a certain range...

does this help or are there things still not making much sense to you? :)
Yes! thanks for the help! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 pm