The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tbs in AC?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Tbs in AC?

Post by AltNazarach »

It may be an oversight of a post already made, but... since when was there an option to buy thoroughbreds in the AC?
it doesn't seem to work (currently) but will it be implemented at some point/or is at work? or is it just a faulty line of script somewhere?

thanks for taking the time to answer in any case ^^
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Tbs in AC?

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:It may be an oversight of a post already made, but... since when was there an option to buy thoroughbreds in the AC?
it doesn't seem to work (currently) but will it be implemented at some point/or is at work? or is it just a faulty line of script somewhere?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =4&t=17521

I looked at it too, and did some additional research... it appears that Tb's are the only non-AC horse with over 10k population (as of this posting). Perhaps this is what we've discussed in the past, about having available and opening up additional AC breeds when certain conditions are met.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
AltNazarach wrote:It may be an oversight of a post already made, but... since when was there an option to buy thoroughbreds in the AC?

I looked at it too, and did some additional research... it appears that Tb's are the only non-AC horse with over 10k population (as of this posting). Perhaps this is what we've discussed in the past, about having available and opening up additional AC breeds when certain conditions are met.
ok, many thanks for adding the topic, that cleared it up :D but it's good to know it was intended - even if it didn't work as planned ^^'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

ok, many thanks for adding the topic, that cleared it up :D but it's good to know it was intended - even if it didn't work as planned ^^'
Indeed. I'm excited about the knowledge that we can adopt true foundations one day once populations exceed certain numbers.
It opens up a lot of real possibilities and saves a lot of time for closed bloodlines and also... fixes that much contested 'low COI versus high COI' argument for when that gets added.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: Indeed. I'm excited about the knowledge that we can adopt true foundations one day once populations exceed certain numbers.
It opens up a lot of real possibilities and saves a lot of time for closed bloodlines and also... fixes that much contested 'low COI versus high COI' argument for when that gets added.
Indeed ^^' what would also be interesting to know, what if the population exceeds the mark just so and then drops down again - would the breed be taken out of the AC again or is it 'unlocked' forever by reaching the mark?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Indeed. I'm excited about the knowledge that we can adopt true foundations one day once populations exceed certain numbers.
Indeed ^^' what would also be interesting to know, what if the population exceeds the mark just so and then drops down again - would the breed be taken out of the AC again or is it 'unlocked' forever by reaching the mark?
Because perhaps I like to cause myself a bit of 'easy' frustrations, I'd like to see it appear and disappear if the population disappears.
After all, the question must arise: what happens if the entire population disappears?

Personally, I like to think in these cases that the AC collects the 'free-roaming' that escaped from farms and bred and now they're a wild population. So without enough population that 'escapes' and creates a wild herd, then it shouldn't be able to sustain itself.
At least, that's the story my brain supplies for a common sense explanation. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Because perhaps I like to cause myself a bit of 'easy' frustrations, I'd like to see it appear and disappear if the population disappears.
After all, the question must arise: what happens if the entire population disappears?

Personally, I like to think in these cases that the AC collects the 'free-roaming' that escaped from farms and bred and now they're a wild population. So without enough population that 'escapes' and creates a wild herd, then it shouldn't be able to sustain itself.
that would be a cute explanation xD
though these escapees would be able to populate the ac as well - no birth control if it's 'wild' herds, so (without mentioning the probability of rising coi) actually it would make more sense that a once unlocked breed would stay even after loosing the needed poulation ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

that would be a cute explanation xD
though these escapees would be able to populate the ac as well - no birth control if it's 'wild' herds, so (without mentioning the probability of rising coi) actually it would make more sense that a once unlocked breed would stay even after loosing the needed poulation ;)
This is also true.

Still... I'd like to see it appear and disappear as the population moves across that boundary. However, I do also realize, I'm likely a minority in this.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Tbs in AC

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
This is also true.

Still... I'd like to see it appear and disappear as the population moves across that boundary. However, I do also realize, I'm likely a minority in this.
I don't think so, it's more of a challenge if they'd drop off if the population goes down; also, I think it would be more engaging as breeders are the 'responsible' party for the game to 'expand' in their selections. So if the community is active, the game will expand (in a way) and if it shrinks then the others have to work for keeping the additional functions themselves :/ It makes the game more lifelike, well, maybe it could be a solution to have a counter that drops when the breed is under the mark and raises if it's above which determines the time a breed will stay in the AC (like - a longtime established breed would 'die out' slower than a breed which just succeeded once/ on a fluke).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Tbs in AC

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
This is also true.

I don't think so, it's more of a challenge if they'd drop off if the population goes down; also, I think it would be more engaging as breeders are the 'responsible' party for the game to 'expand' in their selections. So if the community is active, the game will expand (in a way) and if it shrinks then the others have to work for keeping the additional functions themselves :/ It makes the game more lifelike, well, maybe it could be a solution to have a counter that drops when the breed is under the mark and raises if it's above which determines the time a breed will stay in the AC (like - a longtime established breed would 'die out' slower than a breed which just succeeded once/ on a fluke).
I'm actually quite fond of that idea. This way, if we have (say our Tb breeders) 10 of our top breeders suddenly for whatever reason, drop from the face of the earth, closing their accounts and killing off all of their stock in a couple days time, then having the count-down counter would certainly help to establish all new lines and give the rest of us time to realize such populations have disappeared.
I think I'd prefer no longer than a month, even for well-established and massive populations. And maybe... a 24 hour window of availability for those that hover over the line, then under, then over... this way it's not constantly turning on and off every time the population sits on that line. Then again, that may already be a functioning part of the code.

I do wonder that.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:55 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:55 pm