The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Selling Pony Tokens?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ShadowDragon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Selling Pony Tokens?

Post by ShadowDragon »

Are we allowed to sell Pony Tokens for game cash? I'll be able to buy more tokens around the first of next month and thought about selling some. Is that allowed? How much do they go for in game cash? For example, if I have 500 to sell, what would they be worth? And how are they sold? I haven't sold anything here yet and I'm not sure how. Thanks for any help! :)
Hazel!
Visit My Farm

Re: Selling Pony Tokens?

Post by Hazel! »

ShadowDragon wrote:Are we allowed to sell Pony Tokens for game cash? I'll be able to buy more tokens around the first of next month and thought about selling some. Is that allowed? How much do they go for in game cash? For example, if I have 500 to sell, what would they be worth? And how are they sold? I haven't sold anything here yet and I'm not sure how. Thanks for any help! :)
Yup, this allowed; I recently sold some. I charged 1 mil/1 USD, although I've heard of them going for much higher. Posting a forum topic or contacting someone who is looking is probably your best bet!

When buying PT for someone, you can't transfer PT that are already on your acct; you have to make a new purchase, then specify the username of the account where the PT are to go. The lowest amt that you can buy from the store is a package of 600.

One thing I did run into is that PT don't always arrive on an account right away, so be prepped to follow up with your buyer to make sure everything turned out ok. :D Save your email receipts with transaction numbers.
ShadowDragon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ShadowDragon »

Thanks for the reply, Hazel, I appreciate it! So it's 1 million game cash for every USD dollar spent on tokens? So $5 in tokens would be worth 5 million in game cash? Just trying to make sure I've got that right. :) Also, every single time I've bought tokens they've been added to my account immediately. I buy through pay pal.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

ShadowDragon wrote:Thanks for the reply, Hazel, I appreciate it! So it's 1 million game cash for every USD dollar spent on tokens? So $5 in tokens would be worth 5 million in game cash? Just trying to make sure I've got that right. :) Also, every single time I've bought tokens they've been added to my account immediately. I buy through pay pal.
It's as Hazel! replied.
And it was also mentioned, but I want to stress it so that you understand. PT CANNOT be transferred from one account to another. We can only purchase PT by directing it to another player, if we're purchasing for another player.

As far as what it's worth, there have been a few different transactions in the past. This is, after all, real money, so it comes down to, how much real money is PT actually worth when translated into game money?

If you do decide to do these types of transactions, please be careful and I hope that there is no problems.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ShadowDragon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ShadowDragon »

Thanks, BlackOak! How do you direct it to another player? Do you put in their account name or number when buying instead of your own? I'm just trying to understand how to do it. I would definitely ask for payment in advance were I to sell the tokens. I'm an honest person and would never ruin my reputation, in RL or on a game, by doing someone wrong. That kind of thing has a tendency to bite people in the a**. lol I'd like to become known around here as someone people can definitely trust.

Edit: Ok, I see that I can put in someone else's user name to get the tokens. Yeah, I'd definitely want payment in advance, and I'd make a thread announcing my intentions with the buyer so that everything was public.
Hazel!
Visit My Farm

Post by Hazel! »

ShadowDragon wrote:Thanks for the reply, Hazel, I appreciate it! So it's 1 million game cash for every USD dollar spent on tokens? So $5 in tokens would be worth 5 million in game cash? Just trying to make sure I've got that right. :) Also, every single time I've bought tokens they've been added to my account immediately. I buy through pay pal.
Gotcha, I used a credit card, which may have been a mistake on my end, bc I don't have an immediate record of the transaction--I need to wait for my statement to come, whereas with paypal you can see the purchase instantly.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

ShadowDragon wrote:Thanks, BlackOak! How do you direct it to another player? Do you put in their account name or number when buying instead of your own? I'm just trying to understand how to do it. I would definitely ask for payment in advance were I to sell the tokens. I'm an honest person and would never ruin my reputation, in RL or on a game, by doing someone wrong. That kind of thing has a tendency to bite people in the a**. lol I'd like to become known around here as someone people can definitely trust.

Edit: Ok, I see that I can put in someone else's user name to get the tokens. Yeah, I'd definitely want payment in advance, and I'd make a thread announcing my intentions with the buyer so that everything was public.
Sounds like you have your head wrapped around it. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hazel! wrote:
Gotcha, I used a credit card, which may have been a mistake on my end, bc I don't have an immediate record of the transaction--I need to wait for my statement to come, whereas with paypal you can see the purchase instantly.
You should be able to get a verbal statement if you call your CC carrier. Since you're looking for a specific transaction and you have the transaction number for here, you should be able to call them up and have them check it.
Often times (and I know this only from personal experience) if there's a double transaction in a short period of time for the same amount, the bank or CC company will flag it until it get's checked.
But again, that's from personal experiences.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:33 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:33 pm