The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Why don't eat my horse in new area?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
vihar20032003
Visit My Farm

Why don't eat my horse in new area?

Post by vihar20032003 »

They have lot food but every horse thin. Why?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: Why don't eat my horse in new area?

Post by PeacefulOreo »

vihar20032003 wrote:They have lot food but every horse thin. Why?
There are 2 different reasons why they could be thin:

1. they are not getting at least 100% food every turn you use. I like to feed them between 104% and 109% so that when I use a turn, their feed won't go down below 100%

OR

2. they need to be in a pasture. Horses under 3 years old have their growth spurts, meaning that they grow the most in that age. Horses that have growth spurts need more food that they get good nutrients from, which comes from the grass. They may need to be in the pasture to get the grass and add the feed to make them eat 100% instead of being in a barn and eating just feed that you give them.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: Why don't eat my horse in new area?

Post by PeacefulOreo »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
vihar20032003 wrote:They have lot food but every horse thin. Why?
There are 2 different reasons why they could be thin:

1. they are not getting at least 100% food every turn you use. I like to feed them between 104% and 109% so that when I use a turn, their feed won't go down below 100%

OR

2. they need to be in a pasture. Horses under 3 years old have their growth spurts, meaning that they grow the most in that age. Horses that have growth spurts need more food that they get good nutrients from, which comes from the grass. They may need to be in the pasture to get the grass and add the feed to make them eat 100% instead of being in a barn and eating just feed that you give them.
Also, to get your horses to gain weight, move them to a pasture and feed them at least 115% of feed. I find that moving them to a pasture and feeding them 100% Weight Gain Mix works the best to get a horse's weight up, the only thing is, you need to pay attention to how long you feed the horse the 100% Weight Gain Mix or your horse could easily get to very fat, which you usually don't want. If this happens, then you move them to a barn and either feed them under 100% (needs to be either 95% or lower) or feed them nothing (they won't get a full 100% energy since they are not eating enough to get the required energy) for a few turns until the horse reaches the desired weight.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 pm