The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Creating Burma Pony

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
vihar20032003
Visit My Farm

Creating Burma Pony

Post by vihar20032003 »

Why can't I breed a Burma pony?

He has all the horses he needs, but he doesn't succeed. Why is that?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Creating Burma Pony

Post by BlackOak2 »

vihar20032003 wrote:Why can't I breed a Burma pony?

He has all the horses he needs, but he doesn't succeed. Why is that?
Breeding a recipe breed, is quite different then just matching the two appropriate parents and popping the foal.
In order for the chance of the correct breed to appear, you need to choose the parents with evaluations that CAN MAKE the requirements of the new breed. Even then, it's not 100% guaranteed.
If I remember correctly, I had difficulty creating the burma pony myself. It took me a little bit of correction before I finished that quest.

Okay, so the Burma Pony requirements are as follows:
Manipuri Pony x Mongolian
Height = 12-14hh
Size = 25-45
Type = 80-55 Horse

If you're having difficulty, purchasing and using the breed book to evaluate your parents for the burma pony will aid you a bit.
Your parent horses need to be able to make a foal with the above requirements (at least 4 star out of 5 star) to have that chance of being the burma pony. But again, even if you produce a foal within those limits, that doesn't mean the foal Will Be a burma pony.

Plus, if you do produce foals within those limits, or even just outside of them, on opposite ends, since it's a two breed recipe, you can also acheive the new breed, by breeding the foals together.

As for your Manipuri collection, in your manipuri pasture, their heights are just on the shorter side and under of the requirements. But they're mostly too heavy, they're all pony, when they need to offer a horse type.
And your Mongolians in your mongolian pasture, some of them are too short as well, though some are within good heights. And although some of them are Horse type, they are still too heavy for the burma requirements.

Therefore, to achieve the burma pony, you Will Need to lighten your stock and maybe even increase their height some.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vihar20032003
Visit My Farm

Post by vihar20032003 »

Thank you

And how can I increase their height and make them easier?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vihar20032003 wrote:Thank you

And how can I increase their height and make them easier?
You do this the same way you would in real life. Breed what you want together and only keep those that show that aspect.

For instance, if you want a taller horse, you breed your tallest two together and only keep the best foal that either shows the same height as both parents or an increase of height over both parents. You use this tactic with any gene here on HWO. Any foal that doesn't best their siblings in the area that you want, you get rid of.

The coding is set up in such a way that we can make a pedigree have something it might not start out with. With the exception of the color coding, we can nominally make a bloodline into whatever we want, by selectively keeping and breeding for the characteristics we want to keep and culling those characteristics we don't want in our herd.

Does this make sense, or do you need more direct examples?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vihar20032003
Visit My Farm

Post by vihar20032003 »

Yes, I do.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vihar20032003 wrote:Yes, I do.
I want you to also use Royale's farm log as a reference to help you understand what you need.
Fifth post on that second page, and it continues after that.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 7&start=10

Now... for your examples.
As your biggest problem is height, I'll use height as the topic.
Your two horses:
Here Prodigy

Wounded on Holiday

Here Prodigy is 12hh tall.
Wounded on Holiday is 11.3hh tall.
Your goal for the burma is 12 to 14hh tall.

In order to increase your size, you would only want to keep foals from these two parents (IF you were to breed them together), that are taller than Wounded on Holiday. She's the short one in this pairing and will offer the shorter genes. IF you were to keep a foal that was shorter than her (horses max out height at 5 years), then you would be saying, 'I want shorter genes'. If you keep foals that fall between 11.3 and 12 hands, you would be saying, 'I want height genes between these two horses.' Your goal is to breed out those genes you don't want, in this case shorter genes, and breed in the genes you do want, taller genes. So you would only want to keep the foals from this pair that are closer to or are taller than the taller of the two parents, Here Prodigy.

To do your work for you, in this pasture: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/116462
The only horses that are already tall enough are the following:
Modest Etch
It Takes Passion
Here Prodigy
Climbing Doughnut
Lilac My Cat
Unnamed Horse #2158964
Unnamed Horse #2159548

Those would be good for height. So by restricting your correctional breeding to just those horses and saving only those foals that fall within the burma height requirements.

This works for you type and size. Go through your horses and pick a mare and a stallion that falls closest to the burma requirements. Then use that pair to correct the problem. You don't need to do much correction. The trick will be evaluating your foals and only keeping the foal that gets closer to the burma requirements. Anything that goes in the opposite direction, or AWAY from those requirements, would be a foal you would NOT want to keep. This would be a CULL foal.

So, for the manipuri pasture... the ones that come closest to the burma requirements in size and type would be:
For size:
Rosemary No Coco
Wilful Song
Balancing Fondness (usable, but outside the requirements)
For type:
Reckless No Occasion - the only one that falls inside the type requirements
Debonair to my Sunburst - the next closest to the type requirements.

So you would use the two mares and the three studs to work toward creating the size and type you would need. Your aim for each breeding is to lean At Least less-then the bigger of the two parents. For instance, if the two parents are 50 Pony and 53 Pony, your foal aim Should Be at least 52 Pony or better.

Remember that your type scale goes like this:
100 Horse down to 50 Horse then transfer to 50 Pony up to 100 Pony
So once you cross from pony type over to horse type, you will move from counting down in type to counting back up in type. There is no less points under 50 for horse or pony.

Take a visual look at these four horses for the differences in Type. I apologize about the last one, I couldn't find a better image of one like that, nor could I easily find a 100 Horse.
100 Pony

50 Pony

51 Horse

95 Horse
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vihar20032003
Visit My Farm

Post by vihar20032003 »