The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How Do I Change My Password?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
PixelCranium
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

How Do I Change My Password?

Post by PixelCranium »

I lost my password for my account, so I went through the steps to get a new one. But now I'm stuck with the computer-generated, numbers-and-letters sort of thing. I can't figure out how to change my password back to something I can remember though. The email said I can do it from my profile, but does that mean this profile?
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=129561
If it does, I have no idea how to do it.

I'd really appreciate any help someone could offer!
Thanks!!
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Re: How Do I Change My Password?

Post by Southerngal »

PixelCranium wrote:...
Click the notification thing like you were going to look at a new message. When it pops up, you'll see a thing that says 'NEW! Settings' in the top right corner of the popup. Click that, and it'll bring you to a control panel. Once there, go to the tab that says profile. After that, click the second tab, I think it says 'Edit Account Settings'. It'll bring you to the place to change you're password.
PixelCranium
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by PixelCranium »

Southerngal wrote:
PixelCranium wrote:...
Click the notification thing like you were going to look at a new message. When it pops up, you'll see a thing that says 'NEW! Settings' in the top right corner of the popup. Click that, and it'll bring you to a control panel. Once there, go to the tab that says profile. After that, click the second tab, I think it says 'Edit Account Settings'. It'll bring you to the place to change you're password.
Ohhh ok! I just tried it and it worked! Lol thank you so much!
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

PixelCranium wrote:
Southerngal wrote: Click the notification thing like you were going to look at a new message. When it pops up, you'll see a thing that says 'NEW! Settings' in the top right corner of the popup. Click that, and it'll bring you to a control panel. Once there, go to the tab that says profile. After that, click the second tab, I think it says 'Edit Account Settings'. It'll bring you to the place to change you're password.
Ohhh ok! I just tried it and it worked! Lol thank you so much!
No sweat, you're welcome!
stormchampion
Visit My Farm

Post by stormchampion »

What if you can't remember your current password
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

stormchampion wrote:What if you can't remember your current password
It might be best to change your password then, to something that you can remember. :mrgreen:
Admin cannot see our passwords, so if you can't remember it and you log out...

However, admin can send a password reset, so no matter how you look at it, you will need to be able to access your email (not HWO mail) to make such changes.

If you have no access to your email, then you'll want to change your email first before changing your password. Same area, if I'm not mistaken, that changing the password is in.

Remember, only one email per account.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am