The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Competition judgement

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Competition judgement

Post by Sunpath »

I have 2 questions regarding the judgement of competitions.

1. When I enter a horse, is it the horse's shape and training at the moment of entry that is judged, or at the moment of the competition running?

2. If I enter a horse in a competition and it dies before the competition runs, will the horse still be judged as participating in the competition or will the entry and entry fee go up in smoke?
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition judgement

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Sunpath wrote:I have 2 questions regarding the judgement of competitions.

1. When I enter a horse, is it the horse's shape and training at the moment of entry that is judged, or at the moment of the competition running?

2. If I enter a horse in a competition and it dies before the competition runs, will the horse still be judged as participating in the competition or will the entry and entry fee go up in smoke?

Good questions I would love to know too. :)
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

I'm not 100% but I'm fairly sure that for question 1 its at the time of entry and for question 2 that's also not the case (though I am basing this on selling horses rather than them passing on...)
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Weaving wrote: (though I am basing this on selling horses rather than them passing on...)
Exactly. I have sold horses that have later won fortunes or gotten world records and I have gotten the prize money and a notification that my horse has broken a world record. This has been when I have entered the horse before I sold it.
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Similarly a Rehomed Horse can win a competition. It's the status at entry which matters.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

Competitions are judged at the time of entry. As such, points and titles can be awarded to a horse that has died or aged out, and points and earnings are awarded to the player who owned the horse at entry.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
smartkid37
Visit My Farm

Post by smartkid37 »

Thank you!

I was thinking I couldn't restart my day because it would mean my stallion would be aged out of the competition I'd entered him into.

so glad that's not the case!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:52 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:52 pm