The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Trained horse not improving

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Slaptail
Visit My Farm

Trained horse not improving

Post by Slaptail »

I've been training my mare and putting her in local shows, but she isn't really improving? Or at least, not the way I was expecting.

I was training her for dressage and working on her movement, balance, tempo, strength, and yes, her scores are increasing but they are not increasing much?
She doesn't have any green on her breeder's report, but she has positive comments for tempo and balance, so wouldn't that help her? But it doesn't.

She is finally getting scores up to around 27% in dressage, but every time i've showed her, she has never gotten over 5th. Not once.

--

I entered her in hunters a couple of times, and every time she placed. And she was usually placing in 2nd - 3rd if I saw it right. Hunters and dressage use the same stats, so why is she doing better in one and not the other?
Chortle
Visit My Farm

Re: Trained horse not improving

Post by Chortle »

Slaptail wrote: I entered her in hunters a couple of times, and every time she placed. And she was usually placing in 2nd - 3rd if I saw it right. Hunters and dressage use the same stats, so why is she doing better in one and not the other?
I may be wrong, but I think hunter needs a slightly different build? Her body type could be wrong for dressage. I don't think I've gotten a good result with any of my horses in dressage, though.

I am probably wrong, but I think dressage maybe requires skills we can't train our horses in yet?
Slaptail
Visit My Farm

Post by Slaptail »

Is there a topic somewhere about the body types?
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

There are two pictures with ideal body types linked here.
Slaptail
Visit My Farm

Post by Slaptail »

thanks!
I have another question
what bcs is good for hunters? and what about the other disciplines? i remember reading it somewhere but i cant find it anymore
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

If you click the ? In the feeding section of the horse profile it will show the desired BCS for each event along with information about each feed type.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

FWIW: When traits are judged, the order is extremely important. I don't have the exact data (please help, someone) but as I understand it, the traits get this weighting: 1) = 60% and 2) 30%. After that I'd guess 7.5% and 2.5% for 3 and 4.*

For example, Dressage is judged by 1) Movement [60%] 2) Balance [30%] 3) Tempo [7.5%?] 4) Strength [2.5%?].

The horse's intrinsic character (the Breeding Report as somewhat modified by the Conformation data) counts, and so does training. Not sure how much training modifies things, but here's an in-game illustration. I sponsored two sets of competitions for Norfolk Trotters. We never did get the Harness Races filled, but Driven Dressage (Movement, Tempo, Strength, Balance) did fill. Amber/Crystal Palace's purebred NTs, each an excellent example of his/her breed, won Levels 2, 4, 6, and 8. To my gratified surprise, Half Norfolk Trotter Just What I Wanted** won Level 10, by a small point margin (something like 91.10 to 90). JW is a failed Hackney (50% NT, 25% TB, 25% Arabian) and does not have standard NT confo/stats. Nor are his Conformation stats as good in simple numerical comparison with Amber's horses.*** The significant difference is that Amber's horses were untrained while at the time of judging JW's training levels were in the 70s percentile for all traits.

*Unless what another player told me (in person) is somewhat inaccurate or this changed over the past 6 months.

**Bred by HorseLady72, who introduced me to this game. JW's and my success is as much to her credit as mine.

***If you're interested, here's the record of the competition, which ran on March 9, 2016:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... ?edition=1
Horses' training and age levels will have changed (JW is 2 years older and training levels are in the low 90s), but Breeding and Conformation data remain.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

The order of events is very important, as mentioned above, but there is another reason why the order is important. A poor stat, listed first for a discipline, is going to inhibit all the other stats for that horse in that competition.

Take for example Racing:
Listed stats in order: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Speed

Say you have a horse with poor speed, but he has fantastic Stamina and Strength so that should overcome his poor speed right? Wrong. Actually, the poor speed value is going to inhibit the Stamina and Strength values (literally lowering them regardless of training). You can get around this by putting all your training focus into speed, and by doing this you will naturally unlock some of your horses natural strength and stamina even with doing any additional training in strength and stamina.

However, if you have a horse with fantastic speed but poor strength and stamina, you'll be far better off training the stamina and strength values to bring them up to the same level as the speed value, before putting any additional training into the speed values.

The Discipline Evaluation Books are going to be added in and they''ll help a lot to understand where you horse needs more training in order to actually improve his scores in competitions. Bug fixing is the priority right now, then wearables (like halters etc) and the rest of the kickstarter rewards, then new features like the Discipline Books will be added in.
MysticSinZ
Visit My Farm

Post by MysticSinZ »

I can not wait for the Discipline books to come out! I will be overly joyful on that day. Looking forward to it :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 am