The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Thoroughbred Mixed Foal - some questions.

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Angeline
Visit My Farm

Thoroughbred Mixed Foal - some questions.

Post by Angeline »

Recently I purchased a new colt. I would like to enter him in competitions and I have some questions concerning his chances of winning and what would increase his odds other than training him fully which I plan to do.

His temperament is spirited instead of bombproof, does this give him an advantage in racing or any other specialty?

His body is light instead of very light, he is horse type. Would this improve his chances since he is light and if I kept his weight moderately thin?

Do heights have any negative or positive effects?

I know that in real life these factors can determine the performance of your horse and placing, not sure how in depth these competitions are.

Should I breed horses for spirited or high strung (even calm) temperaments for competitions or should I not look for horses with specific traits since it would be a waste of time? Thanks.
ssummerv6
Visit My Farm

Re: Thoroughbred Mixed Foal - some questions.

Post by ssummerv6 »

I'd like to know these answers too! I train Arabians for endurance and racing competitions. I'd like to know if the temperament matters for results as well!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Angeline wrote:Recently I purchased a new colt. Thanks.
ssummerv6 wrote:I'd like to know these answers too! I train Arabians for endurance and racing competitions. I'd like to know if the temperament matters for results as well!
Most of this can be answered directly from our help section. It's extensive, however, it does cover, very efficiently, these questions.

Temperament does affect performance and can change an outcome (how much, however, is debatable). Higher strung horses are 'said' to do better in competitions that are more excitable, such as racing, while calmer horses do better in less excitable competitions, such as dressage.
In the Frequently Asked Questions section of the help, it says: "Each discipline is judged on 4 main stats. These stats are also influenced by your horse's Build, Height, Temperament and Body Condition Score".
However, our FAQ simply does not give specifics on which is better for what; leaving us to define what is a 'better horse' and which somewhat fails in performance (another debatable fact is whether there is a 'show gene' that can be inherited by our horses).
Our Guides do give us some aid in defining what is a better body build for certain competitions. Found here and here.

So to answer your questions, yes, all of those do have an impact on how they perform in their competitions, however it's a two plus two type of equation. Their body conformation affects their breeding report and their breeding report offers enlightenment on what they may excel at. So taking all of these factors into account, and this, you will begin to learn what your horse MAY be conformed and genetically designed to do.

All this and more can be learned in our help guides.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Remember to not let these restrict you, the best thing about this game is it's ability to morph into what we might imagine for 'our' horses.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:16 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:16 am