The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tiny horse feeding

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
haltanny
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Tiny horse feeding

Post by haltanny »

I know I saw a post somewhere about it, but I can't find it now. Anyway, I put my tiny show horses in a barn to try to maintain a good weight for showing, but they have dropped all weight and I can't get them to gain back. I have tried several different combinations of feed, but nothing was working. Right now they are on 200% weight gain and performance feed, and still nothing. Can anyone help? They get too fat in Pasture.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Tiny horse feeding

Post by Bitapetrone »

I think I found the horses you're talking about, and you're feeding more than they can eat.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/557889 <-- using this horse as an example

The max this impressively tiny horse can consume a day is 0.2kg. The food you've chosen requires a minimum of 0.9kg to be fed, which is significantly higher than the max your horse can consume. To the best of my knowledge (this is theory not fact as I haven't heard admin state this), feed is given "down the list" and since Performance Mix is selected first, it'll try to feed all the Performance Feed you've allocated before it even looks at the Weight Gain Mix. The horse's feed cap is being hit just off the Performance Mix (which isn't cutting it), so Weight Gain is never even being taken into account. I'd check and see if just 100% Weight Gain Mix is enough to maintain their weight (you'll still need to supplement with additional feed for them to gain the weight they've lost back), and if not you may need to keep these horses on pasture to supplement their feeding. Their size could be making this more difficult than it should be.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

I have heard admin state feed is fed down the list. It is fact.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
haltanny
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by haltanny »

I am trying to maintain ideal weight for competition. I have tried various combinations and yes, even 100% weight gain, but they lose weight until poor condition no matter what I feed. In the pasture, they get way too fat. Something about their size has to be messing it up because I have no problem with normal size ponies and horses on my other account.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am